News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 373     0 

Waterloo Region Transit Developments (ION LRT, new terminal, GRT buses)

Does that mean they'll be shipped all at once by CN?
I don't think they have enough cars to transport them all at once.

Does anyone know how many flatcars Bombardier has for the Flexity Freedoms? I thought there were just 2 or 3.

I don't think they have enough cars to transport them all at once.

Does anyone know how many flatcars Bombardier has for the Flexity Freedoms? I thought there were just 2 or 3.

There's only room on the Waterloo Spur to store 1 vehicle at a time for unloading, so Bombardier could only send 2-3 a week max.

Forgive me, but it does look like one of those streetcars in Toronto..
They have island stations, which means doors on both sides of the vehicles. They're TOTALLY different :p

Yes, they do look like the Flexity Outlooks the TTC uses on the streetcar network, as they are the similar, but more functional, Flexity Freedoms. However, the stop spacing on the line is definitely "Rapid Transit"

Forgive me, but it does look like one of those streetcars in Toronto..

Wider and a bit bigger, doors on both sides. I also think operating cab on both ends.

Really the whole benefits of LRT won't be seen on the ION Line, its lower ridership means it is essentially a glorified streetcar.

When you see 3 of these linked together, running in a tunnel, elevated and at grade along Eglinton, then you will see the full benefits of LRT.

They have island stations, which means doors on both sides of the vehicles. They're TOTALLY different :p

Yes, they do look like the Flexity Outlooks the TTC uses on the streetcar network, as they are the similar, but more functional, Flexity Freedoms. However, the stop spacing on the line is definitely "Rapid Transit"

I don't know, some of the stations are really close together, especially in uptown Waterloo and Downtown Kitchener. What really confuses me is why they're not building a stop at McCormick...

Wider and a bit bigger, doors on both sides. I also think operating cab on both ends.

Really the whole benefits of LRT won't be seen on the ION Line, its lower ridership means it is essentially a glorified streetcar.

When you see 3 of these linked together, running in a tunnel, elevated and at grade along Eglinton, then you will see the full benefits of LRT.

Or the full problems...When it's underground it's a subway, but when it's aboveground, since it's Eglinton Avenue, I'm seriously concerned about bunching, especially at intersections.

Back