News   Jun 14, 2024
 1.8K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 1.4K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 752     0 

Waterloo Region Transit Developments (ION LRT, new terminal, GRT buses)

I'm sure they did. What makes you say that?
It's a reference to the recent error by Pomerleau installing 60 metres of track on Leslie between Queen and Eastern almost 10 centimetres high, which is resulting in them on their own dime going back and ripping up the street again, relaying it, and delaying the project by another 5-6 weeks.

It's a reference to the recent error by Pomerleau installing 60 metres of track on Leslie between Queen and Eastern almost 10 centimetres high, which is resulting in them on their own dime going back and ripping up the street again, relaying it, and delaying the project by another 5-6 weeks.

Kitchener has a large German population. I'm sure they will measure 6 times.

Lots of work going on lately!

Concrete pad, likely for a substation, adjacent the Canadian Clay and Glass Gallery (where I got married!):
IMG_4070.jpg

Track alignment between Bearanger Road and McCormic Arena:
IMG_4073.jpg

Completed Bearanger Road Intersection:
IMG_4074.jpg

Temporary old/new rail fish plate interface:
IMG_4076.jpg

Current end of the new track:
IMG_4077.jpg

Operations, Maintenance and Storage Facility main hall, now all steel is up:
IMG_4081.jpg

Roof going on:
IMG_4082.jpg

Big news - concrete track ties for the first big run of track!
IMG_4085.jpg

IMG_4086.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_4070.jpg
    IMG_4070.jpg
    288 KB · Views: 1,068
  • IMG_4073.jpg
    IMG_4073.jpg
    218.5 KB · Views: 1,078
  • IMG_4074.jpg
    IMG_4074.jpg
    214.3 KB · Views: 1,056
  • IMG_4076.jpg
    IMG_4076.jpg
    227.3 KB · Views: 1,081
  • IMG_4077.jpg
    IMG_4077.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 1,042
  • IMG_4081.jpg
    IMG_4081.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 1,069
  • IMG_4082.jpg
    IMG_4082.jpg
    228 KB · Views: 1,067
  • IMG_4085.jpg
    IMG_4085.jpg
    198.8 KB · Views: 1,291
  • IMG_4086.jpg
    IMG_4086.jpg
    210.3 KB · Views: 1,271
Big news - concrete track ties for the first big run of track!
View attachment 47647

View attachment 47648

Im surprised they are using concrete ties for the new rail. We cant even get GO to use concrete (except in the new underpasses where its essential)

Its going to be so lopsided with one track being this old rail spur and the other being this brand new concrete one.

Im surprised they are using concrete ties for the new rail. We cant even get GO to use concrete (except in the new underpasses where its essential)

Its going to be so lopsided with one track being this old rail spur and the other being this brand new concrete one.

Do we know for sure they aren't going to upgrade the other track with ribbon rail and concrete ties?

Do we know for sure they aren't going to upgrade the other track with ribbon rail and concrete ties?
They are replacing the old track with the new one. The rail line is still active (mind you, only 2-3 times a day), so they'll move it, build the first set of new tracks and then remove the old tracks and continue with the second set.

Some updates from this weekend.

Lots of new ties down at Maintenance Facility, crane is finished with steel beam installations.
Untitled by ION Construction, on Flickr

Tracks removed at Quiet Place for the next crossing.

Columbia down to one lane for utility relocation - upgraded crossing to follow soon?

Track shifted to east between Seagram and University:

Girders installed for the first new Schneider Creek bridge:

Rest of the album here (Flickr)

Yep, Columbia is the next intersection to be twin-tracked - happening right now.

Stopped by the OMSF tonight but no new action on the track ties - I kind of assumed they'd be getting rails within days.

Where is that bridge and how do you get to it?

I think this may be looking south toward Hayward Ave? I have no idea how someone would get there to take a picture though.

Interesting - did you just park on Hayward and walk down the tracks to take the photos?

Hey, that's pretty cool. Could this same 3D printer make a model Flexity LRV? Not with moving parts or anything, but like a solid shape. Or is something like that too complex for a 3D printer?

Back