News   Aug 02, 2024
 3.6K     3 
News   Aug 02, 2024
 1.4K     2 

Vintage TTC Farebox

Agram

Member Bio
Reaction score
If any of you are interested in buying the old Vintage Fareboxes we have a limited quantity for $225 let me know and I will give you the number to call. All $$$$ goes to United Way and Multiple Sclerosis Society of Canada.

Last year we raised $1,364,652 for United Way!

Yes it is the old ones with the handle on the side, in the days when drivers use to give out change and sell tickets. I'll post a picture of it.

Speaking of fareboxes the current ones will be updated, there is going to be a new head on them which will be able to scan Metropasses....so those of you that have the fake ones, you are in trouble lol

Yes it is the old ones with the handle on the side, in the days when drivers use to give out change and sell tickets. I'll post a picture of it.

Speaking of fareboxes the current ones will be updated, there is going to be a new head on them which will be able to scan Metropasses....so those of you that have the fake ones, you are in trouble lol

I think I'd rather deal with some people having fake metropasses than suffer even longer boarding times on streetcars and buses because now everyone's scanning their card. Even if the scan only takes half a second, that adds up.

I think I'd rather deal with some people having fake metropasses than suffer even longer boarding times on streetcars and buses because now everyone's scanning their card. Even if the scan only takes half a second, that adds up.

It's really not that bad, and many systems much larger than Toronto do this on their buses. If the TTC made this a system wide policy, it would finally allow monthly and weekly passes to start on any day of the month as the driver no longer has to verify that the pass is valid.

I can see how the swiping can slow down the process, for example someone who swiped the wrong side of the pass, and then fumbles the pass trying to figure out the correct way to swipe it. Maybe the Metropass should have 'magnetic' strips on both sides, or change to contactless technology (like Presto, but doesn't store fares).

I can see how the swiping can slow down the process, for example someone who swiped the wrong side of the pass, and then fumbles the pass trying to figure out the correct way to swipe it. Maybe the Metropass should have 'magnetic' strips on both sides, or change to contactless technology (like Presto, but doesn't store fares).
How about just switching to Presto and not invest in new fare boxes and metropass scanners and credit card processing? It'd let the TTC have truly progressive pricing, which will increase usage as people are given the choice of saving more with more usage.

Back