Coming to Council next week; https://secure.toronto.ca/council/agenda-item.do?item=2023.MM5.5
MM5.5 - Support for the City of Montreal's motion regarding a High-speed Train in the Quebec-Toronto Corridor - by Councillor Paul Ainslie, seconded by Deputy Mayor Jennifer McKelvie
Notice of Motion
Consideration Type: ACTIONWards: All
* Notice of this Motion has been given.
* This Motion is subject to referral to the Executive Committee. A two-thirds vote is required to waive referral.
Councillor Paul Ainslie, seconded by Deputy Mayor Jennifer McKelvie, recommends that:
1. City Council express its support for the City of Montreal’s motion of February 20,2023 in support of a high-speed train program instead of a high-frequency train.
2. City Council join the City of Oshawa in endorsing and pledging support for the City of Montreal’s Motion of February 20, 2023 (moved by Craig Sauvé, Conseiller de la Ville du district de Saint-Henri-Est-Petite-Bourgogne-Pointe-Saint-Charles--Griffintown and seconded by Serge Sasseville, Conseiller de la ville du district de Peter-McGill) in Attachment 1 to this Motion.
3. City Council forward this Item to the Prime Minster of Canada, the federal Minister of Transport, The Honorable Omar Alghabra, the federal Minister of Intergovernmental Affairs, Infrastructure and Communities, The Honorable Dominic LeBlanc, members of the House of Commons, the Premiers of Ontario and Quebec and the Ontario Minister of Transportation, Caroline Mulroney, the Quebec Minister of Transportation, Geneviève Guilbault, the City of Montreal, each Municipality and Region on the Toronto-Montreal Rail Corridor, Martin R. Landry, Chief Executive Officer, VIA Rail, Tracy Robinson, Chief Executive Officer, CN Rail, the Association of Municipalities of Ontario, and the Federation of Canadian Municipalities.