News   Apr 25, 2024
 354     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1K     4 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1K     0 

URBAN TORONTO.ca DEMO

KEEP IT FREE if you can.
The 'get together' - I assume, would be very informal; and affordable, not plot forming conspiracy meetings. Quick pint, watch the game, and go, everybody tosses in at least $10.00. no big deal. Keeps the get together informal. No one is excluded. It's not like it's a 50$ night. We need not go up the CN Tower, but just hit some patio or pub - problem solved- no one is offended. and the web sight raises money to stay afloat, and most importantly - remains free! We can roam around- but there is a risk that if the area is to inconvenient - no one will show. Same with time - I gotta go to work- so- weeknights are iffy, and Scarboro is right out, never mind the 'Sag. But, moving the event aroud - forcing us to check out parts of town we are rarely in has its advantages.
A Firkin pub tour, perhaps? Etc.

I was just reading a couple of threads, and noticed that a lot of them spew out URLs of local groups. For example, the thread on the park to be made out of an old streetcar barn came out with:

www.anewpark.ca
www.truepatriotlove.ca

Another thread on the waterfront came up with

www.towaterfront.ca

I know that the NIMBY Minto Plaza groups have a site too. Back during amalgamation C4LD had a site too - not sure if it's still up.

I think the site should have links to all these, and perhaps even critiques - similar to movie reviews.

Just a thought...

I also have an idea. How about we ask developers for donations to put information on their projects on the website. This could help pay for bandwidth/storage, and perhaps allow you to buy equipment for pictures.

It would be cool if you could provide 360* panoramas at the site of each project to provide some context.

However, we should make sure that they understand we reserve the right to criticise their projects if we so choose. If these donations cost the website its impartiality, its pointless.

welcome Jan from Rotown,

tune from the theme to TV the show Lavern and Shirley "...schlemiel, shamozal hozintop incorporated...."
is that what it was? and what does that mean?

Schlemil is jewish for some sort of a silly fool (or that how it is being used, I aint Jewish...). Rotown is what we like to call Rotterdam. All other names that somehow had 'Jan' in there were taken, that's why... :)

Suggestion:
If the new urban Toronto forum still looks like a collection of posting boards, it might be a good idea to put a full ongoing thread about certail specific projects, such that it is easier to archive and find details about specific projects, ei. one ongoing thread for cityplace, one for waterpark city,one riviera, ritz, ect, this may be good for finding items/sorting, and archiving?

Back