325     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 340     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 698     0 

URBAN TORONTO.ca DEMO

B

billy corgan19982

PLEASE ENTER YOUR SUGGESTIONS, QUESTIONS OR PROBLEMS IN THIS THREAD.

I think the site looks great. I would love to become a paying member... I would also like to contribute in some way. One of these days I'll sit down and write an opinion piece. I'd also volunteer to doing some detective work to find out about developments around the city. I wonder how we would get media passes for press conferences and such...

I saw a few typos here and there, but nothing big. There are also some places where the text skips lines, or there are indents that are not necessary given the 'style' of the internet. Ie, generally indents are not used on the web.

Thanks Mike.

I did a rush job to get this up. I will fix the look, grammar, typos etc. this week. Thanks for your comments.

Ryan, the membership portion does not sit well with me for some reason. I can well afford $35.00 and that is not the issue. I certainly do not need a newsletter containing a regurgitation of all past info and comments and my wallet cannot handle another card (see George's wallet). What concerns me is 'exclusive renderings' and get togethers that are not shared and open. I fully realize that the page and forum costs money (which is why I donated to keep us "Gold") but seperating info and get togethers between people who pay and people who don't, doesn't broaden the cause.

If the page costs money, tell us how much and do some fundraising (using t-shirts etc. Heck, I gave to EZboard for this forum and I didn't get a lousy t-shirt ;) ). But when it comes to info, meetings and other forms of community and education, lets not exclude anyone who wants to participate or hide info.

About the membership. I agree that the site should be open to everyone as well as the meets. I just put that in there to see how people would react and whether or not that had any other ideas to raise money. I will get rid of it.

The site looks good content wise, and I'm sure it will be spruced up a bit graphics wise.

The Java buttons need to go - simply too much overhead with something that you can do with regular Javascript.

*IF* the Ritz is dead won't the logo have to be redesigned?

I'd be willing to contribute ideas/design for the site as I am very experienced in that field.

One more suggestion ... Why do you guys use EZ Board? It's a ripoff!

You can set up your own board for half that price. (It's what I did)

I kind like it, I also think the Membership is a good idea as this site cost money.
What about the domain urbantoronto.ca are there any plans to get it up and running?
Jarrek also has a point.

urbantoronto is mine. I just have to transfer the domain to my host.

I have removed the site until I can fix it up. I wasn't pleased with the amateurish look and content. I did a rush job and it shows. I will try and have the new and improved site up soon.

I took it off line. Too many complaints. I am going to fix it up and hopefully get some design help before it goes online again.

If you really want to see it I can put it online and e-mail you the address.

Back