Upside Down + Fuse Condos (Channington/Brownstone, 14s x2, 26s x2, Burka)

I haven't gotten anything from them..
But I did call them yesterday to see wha's going on and was told that we should be getting a notice
(mail or call) to book our appointments in the next couple of months.. (hopfully its sooner)
She also mentioned that phase 4 (fuse2) will start selling next week and start at 450-460sq ft..

Oh wow-congrats! thanks your input is very helpful for us folk that bought in phase 2 in late 2009-our contracts say dec 2012-but we all know that will not happen-according to our contract they must give us a letter by sept 2012 to let us know when their new expected occupancy date is.

Btw-do you mind me asking what floor plan u bought? 2 bedroom?

Well I'm on the 2nd floor one bedroom + den (645 sq ft)..
The female I spoke to said that $450-$460 was the starting rate for the new phase.. So it is just my assumption that phase 1 or 2 is now worth the same or close to that..

The new Dec 2012 closing was "confirmed" by her, but she did say that there will probably be another delay (2-3months)

The female I spoke to said that $450-$460 was the starting rate for the new phase.. So it is just my assumption that phase 1 or 2 is now worth the same or close to that..

Still a ways to go, mls shows some p1 and p2 units that are being offered for $207k - 247k

Here are some new pics

UpsideDown  P1 May 23.jpg
UpsideDown  P2 May 23.jpg

Attachments

• UpsideDown  P1 May 23.jpg
    UpsideDown P1 May 23.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 321
  • UpsideDown  P2 May 23.jpg
    UpsideDown P2 May 23.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 344
As someone who bought in phase 2 its really nice to see pics of them starting to get the base of the building ready. Thanks for the pics.

Any contact from the developer for finishes/upgrades, any new updates? I've been meaning to swing by the sale office, but it's been a bit hectic as of late for me to swing by.

Any contact from the developer for finishes/upgrades, any new updates? I've been meaning to swing by the sale office, but it's been a bit hectic as of late for me to swing by.

The last I heard when I went to the office a couple of weeks ago was they would start contacting people sometime close to the end of June to come in and pick finishes. Amy said that people on the lower floors would be contacted earlier than people on higher floors.

So I went in today to go see Amy, she wasn't there, so I started to ask questions anyways.

The lady to whom I spoke to, informed me that we won't be moving in till Dec. 2012. I had mentioned to her that my letter states Oct. 2012, she then looked at some information on the desk and came back again saying that the earliest move in would be Dec. 2012 beginning of Jan 2013.

I asked about when we would be contacted for upgrades/finishes she told me within 6 months of moving in, to which I smiled, cause clearly if we're moving in Dec. 2012/Jan 2013 we should be picking out our stuff now.

She said that closing would be between April/June 2013.

Also mentioned that unit inspections would also happen about 2 months prior to moving in.

PS: It amazes me the pace this development is going at. I have seen a condo development near Kipling Station go from a sales office, breaking ground, to almost being complete in less than 2 years.

Last edited:
mine was scheduled Sept 2012 and now to Dec 2012

So I went in today to go see Amy, she wasn't there, so I started to ask questions anyways.

The lady to whom I spoke to, informed me that we won't be moving in till Dec. 2012. I had mentioned to her that my letter states Oct. 2012, she then looked at some information on the desk and came back again saying that the earliest move in would be Dec. 2012 beginning of Jan 2013.

I asked about when we would be contacted for upgrades/finishes she told me within 6 months of moving in, to which I smiled, cause clearly if we're moving in Dec. 2012/Jan 2013 we should be picking out our stuff now.

Also mentioned that unit inspections would also happen about 2 months prior to moving in.

PS: It amazes me the pace this development is going at. I have seen a condo development near Kipling Station go from a sales office, breaking ground, to almost being complete in less than 2 years.

bluearrow, did they send you a notice in the mail informing you of the further delay to Dec. 2012 or was it like myself, finding out at the Sale Centre/on here?

Wow, that means I am gonna be moving in likely Feb or March, depending on how quickly they go with the lower levels. Bahhhh.

At the same rate, speaking of the development by Kipling station, anyone go by Finch station? Right by there, beside that Everest College or whatever (Devry-ish), within a year and likely less, it went from sales office to a hole in the ground (this was when they were digging the foundation on this development) to now be all built up and now they are putting in the windows. It looks higher than our building though footprint wise, it looks smaller. But geez, it just seems like it's taking forever and a day.

Ps thanks for the update!

Back