Upside Down + Fuse Condos (Channington/Brownstone, 14s x2, 26s x2, Burka)

FUSE sales office open today

Update on FUSE condos...sales office was open for business today for real estate agents only. Based on 1 buyer I spoke with, selling for $400/sq ft.

Update on FUSE condos...sales office was open for business today for real estate agents only. Based on 1 buyer I spoke with, selling for $400/sq ft.

I heard that also......

But that means all the best units will be taken by the agents first and regular buyers (public) will have second selection....a bit unfair IMO

I heard that also......

But that means all the best units will be taken by the agents first and regular buyers (public) will have second selection....a bit unfair IMO

I agree with you comment ... but unfortunately thats how the development / real estate industry works, there is ALWAYS 'brokers preview' first before public opening =(

dig update

no time for pics but this is what happened this week on the phase 1 site:

- the topsoil from the entire site was excavated and piled up on site
- surveyors staked out the site for the excavation
- a plywood perimeter fence was erected around some of the site
- excavation on the north east part of the site started

there were about 5 guys on site everyday. I believe they worked from 8 to 5.

rob

dig update

just another update from the site:

- excavation has stalled for the moment
- a temporary electrical room was constructed on the north side of the lot
- the electrical room was hooked up to a job-site trailer that was delivered
- they also did some more exploring around the perimeter of the site where the existing parking garage walls meet the new site.

here are some pics

P1000708.jpg
P1000713.jpg
P1000712.jpg

Attachments

• P1000708.jpg
    P1000708.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 323
  • P1000713.jpg
    P1000713.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 303
  • P1000712.jpg
    P1000712.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 295
Important info for current and future Davenport residents!

As you likely know, Metrolinx is building a railway right behind the new condo developments to link downtown to the airport. The current plan is to use DIESEL trains, which are very bad for your health, the environment, and your PROPERTY VALUE! To learn more check out this blog, dedicated to electric trains, which are better for your health, environment and property value ;)

http://railroadedtoronto.blogspot.com/2010/02/we-need-heroes-in-davenport-diamond.
http://railroadedtoronto.blogspot.com/ml

A little off topic, but IF YOU CURRENTLY LIVE IN THE DAVENPORT AREA and this issue is important to you, don't vote liberal, their platform strongly supports diesel trains. Vote for a party that supports electric trains, NDP was only 5,000 votes behind the liberals in this riding last election.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Davenport_(electoral_district)
http://www.cashfortoronto.ca/

Even if this issue isn't relevant to you, whatever party you chose to support, get out and vote, make your opinion count!

Based on the information from the link that I've I've posted below, the ARL will not be using the tracks that are just behind our development. Metrolinx does own the line behind the building. If anything, they'll be beefing up GO service on that track/line behind our development. The ARL will start/end at Union then stop Dundas West/Bloor go towards Weston and then to the airport.

http://www.metrolinx.com/mx/en/board/20101116/6-AirRailLinkUpdateFINAL.pdf

thanks for the updates everyone! Has anything been happening the last week or two?

Yes.....since yesterday nine dump trucks have been hauling dirt, the excavator is now digging the back end close to the site office. One of the guys on site said they will start the forms in about two weeks.....also there is a perimiter fence being constructed and it is almost done......

Last edited:
Anymore movement on the site? New pics?

So Fuse opens up shop this weekend. Anyone going to the sales centre to check it out. I might go after the weekend.

Yes.....since yesterday nine dump trucks have been hauling dirt, the excavator is now digging the back end close to the site office. One of the guys on site said they will start the forms in about two weeks.....also there is a perimiter fence being constructed and it is almost done......

i was at the site yesterday and didn't see anyone working there. has there been any new developments? and also i notices that there is a cinderblock wall along the dig site, is that new or has that always been there?

Any further site updates? Also, did anyone go to the Fuse opening this past weekend?

Well the site is coming along...slow but there is progress and they are still excavating the lot and they are still expaning the wooden fence. There was a delay in excavating because of the heavy rains...but as of today I did see a line of 15 dump trucks hauling dirt away....and the site where teh foundation is has grown.

I have been to the opening to Fuse....and I was not very impressed at the presentation...but still its not bad.

Back