Upside Down + Fuse Condos (Channington/Brownstone, 14s x2, 26s x2, Burka)

Elevators were not working when I was there on Friday.

Also - as an update to everyone...despite my comments on Friday that it didn't seem like anyone was in a rush to meet the January 15th occupancy date, I got a call from my lawyer this morning saying that they finally heard from the builders lawyer and they want everything done for tomorrow (i.e. less than 24 hours notice). Needless to say, it's been a very hectic day - however barring any unforeseen circumstances, I should have my keys by the end of the business day tomorrow.

Elevators were not working when I was there on Friday.

Also - as an update to everyone...despite my comments on Friday that it didn't seem like anyone was in a rush to meet the January 15th occupancy date, I got a call from my lawyer this morning saying that they finally heard from the builders lawyer and they want everything done for tomorrow (i.e. less than 24 hours notice). Needless to say, it's been a very hectic day - however barring any unforeseen circumstances, I should have my keys by the end of the business day tomorrow.

Wow! Seems unreal. I wonder how strict they'll be with having visitors walking in and out all the time while construction is going on? Is the main entrance/lobby completed? Any pics of that?

Wow, someone on this thread is actually moving in/getting keys soon. This is a big deal!

Speaking of which, a stupid question. Does anyone know how deliveries for say stuff like UPS/FedEx packages works for buildings without security or concierge? I assume there is a buzz in system which would work for say furniture deliveries but generic package deliveries? Where would they leave it or get in?

Note: I'd usually ship to work but for big things, it would be a pain to lug home.

Wow, someone on this thread is actually moving in/getting keys soon. This is a big deal!

Speaking of which, a stupid question. Does anyone know how deliveries for say stuff like UPS/FedEx packages works for buildings without security or concierge? I assume there is a buzz in system which would work for say furniture deliveries but generic package deliveries? Where would they leave it or get in?

Note: I'd usually ship to work but for big things, it would be a pain to lug home.

Usually they would buzz you. However if you're not home then they leave a slip on the door, and drop the package at the nearest drop centre. (ie. Canada post or UPS/FedEx office)

Heat IS covered in maintance fees? I didn't think it was... but then again I was given info in 2008 when it first launched and I also got lots of conflicting answers/info.

Today would have been my occupancy day, had it not been changed AGAIN.

Anyone else moving (in theory) Feb. 8th? I'm on the 5th floor. My PDI isn't until the 26th. When I asked why I hadn't heard about my PDI date and people with later occupancy dates had I was told it was going floor by floor. That didn't make sense - it should be going by occupancy date...

I live in the Standard Lofts and looked tonight to see if I saw anyone moving or life in the building. Nope. Hope to see life in there soon.

And if people are going to be moving in now can other buyers walk into the building to check it out (thought they wouldn't be able to get into their actual unit).

Also, does anyone know what the dimensions of the storage lockers are? Which, by the way, we also don't get at occupancy apparently.

Hey there MED, just wondering who called you with your PDI date. I'm also on the fifth floor but haven't received any info (no calls, no letters, no emails) about booking an inspection.

Not sure how anyone is supposed to move in given that the last I heard, elevators weren't working. And garages aren't ready.

thanks

Basically in the condo you just have to pay your electricity and insurance...the monthly payments covers the rest.....

Hey there MED, just wondering who called you with your PDI date. I'm also on the fifth floor but haven't received any info (no calls, no letters, no emails) about booking an inspection.

Not sure how anyone is supposed to move in given that the last I heard, elevators weren't working. And garages aren't ready.

thanks

Hey SMD,

I'm on 6 and I got an email from Jenna on Jan 11, and booked my PDI for the 25th, have you checked your spam folder?

I can/t see moving in until the elevators are going, but I guess if they make you take possession, then regardless of whether or not you occupy the space they can start charging you interim occupancy fees.

See you all soon.

thanks chefpete...
no, I've checked and no emails from Sales Office, which is funny, because I went in just before Christmas to ensure they had all my correct mailing info etc. I know their hands are tied, but it goes to show that the Sales Office has been slightly incompetent in communicating with buyers.

Might as well hold out a bit longer to move in given that we may not be able to move in any furniture etc. Don't want to give them a penny until everything is ready...
See you soon...

When I booked my PDI at the end of Dec, I was informed that I would be getting info in the new year regarding my PDI. Well if it wasn't for me to email them recently asking about said info, who is to say if I would have gotten and email or not, my PDI is the end of this week.

SMD - I'm on the 6th floor and have my PDI booked for the 24th. I'd call them/email them or even Rob Falus directly. Rob to his credit, when we've talked to him, was always very professional and helpful, and got what we needed done. Worth a call.

thanks hatfield,
I did call Jenna and booked an inspection for Jan, 15th. However, I found out - just coincidentally, almost at the end of our conversation - that Robert Falus is no longer with the company. Needless to say I am beyond furious. I am so angry I'm shaking. I have no new purchase agreement, and am not certain that Jenna is up to speed on the conversations that Rob and I have had. I spoke briefly to his father, who sounds totally disinterested in speaking directly with purchasers, but rather, will direct them to someone else. I called the Sales office and they are totally useless.
This is absolutely the last straw.

I'm on the 3rd floor. Rob has left the company? When? I sent an email a few days ago. Didn't bounce back. Hmm Anyone have a direct number other than the sales office to speak to someone? Thanks!

Back