Upside Down + Fuse Condos (Channington/Brownstone, 14s x2, 26s x2, Burka)

That's ridiculous! I looked at the packages (thanks for giving us the link BtW) and I like some things in one package but not in the other and the one I want to go for, parts of it I'm not keen on and would prefer from another package.

Hopefully the package thing is just for people who don't want to put so much effort picking everything (like working off a package as a base) and it's more for a convenience option, rather than everyone having to only choose from the 4.

And may I add that the WASHROOMS are ALL THE SAME..
I really hope I'm wrong and I'm over reacting because I'm really angry about this. I think I/WE have put up with a lot from this builder and in my eyes this is one extra thing that's going to make me flip my lid..

wow, thanks for the updates! On the bright side, this is a very good development, picking finishes! We're getting closer and closer! I haven't gotten a call, but I'm guessing they're going floor by floor? I'm on the 6th. I have no experience with pre-builds so I'm not sure what the standard is, packages or customizable options, but let's see what happens when the appointments happen, maybe there's room to customize some features.

One question I do have is I would like to get laminate flooring in the bedrooms instead of the carpet. We didn't have this in our purchase agreement, so I was wondering how upgrades like that work, and how much it would cost. If anyone has any insights let me know. Thanks!

We just got back from choosing our finishes. There are four packages to choose from, no mixing/matching, no substitutes and no opportunity for upgrades. And once you make your selection there's no going back.

Thanks for the link to the finishes.

From what I remember from the showroom when I bought (sooooooo long ago) was that at that time there were only 3 finishes to choose from, and one of them was really ugly, so, while I can see why you're unhappy, for me it's actually more of a choice than I expected.

Pete
6th Floor

No upgrades what so ever??? Are you serious??? I was banking to do some major upgrades on my unit from the little thing as getting rid of the carpet in the bedroom and just having the laminate throughout, was also really wanting to change up the washroom. So, putting it all aside, are they not even allowing us the most basic thing of just having laminate in the bedroom, wouldn't it just be easier for them to just cover the whole unit with just one material. I'm looking forward to my appointment and getting my call.

On a side note, thanks for sharing the link. Not happy at all at the moment.

a little bit of good news to help compensate for the finishes - they've started putting windows/doors on some of the lower units at the back of the building!

Colour Selection

Hey All -- just came back from colour selection and it was exactly as expected. The options are great! Drove by the site on the way to work and it's definitely starting to look like a place we can all call home. Try to enjoy the experience -- I'm finding the process kind of fun and getting excited to have my new place.

Have a great day everyone!

Colour Selection

hey -- no, just the 4. I thought they were all pretty nice so maybe that's why i think the options are great. Also, it was made VERY clear to me when I purchased that the builder would not be doing any upgrades so perhaps I wasn't disappointed because of that. I just figure if and when i want to change anything, i'll just do the reno's and ensure it's exactly what I want.

The options look a bit different when you're actually looking at the actual material and not just the artists sketches online, so maybe people will be pleasantly surprised when they arrive at the office to choose.

I guess that's why I'm upset because I remember mentioning to them that I wanted a standing glass shower of a different tub then what was in the showroom unit and not a word was said to me about that not being a possibility. And I know due to my last pre-construction if anything would have been said to me about being limited to these "packages" that would have been a major red flag.. :-S

here's a pic from saturday when we went out to select our finishes. some units have windows and doors. looks like they're moving on phase two as well.

Attachments

• 2012-07-28 15-12-31.jpg
    2012-07-28 15-12-31.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 295
I guess that's why I'm upset because I remember mentioning to them that I wanted a standing glass shower of a different tub then what was in the showroom unit and not a word was said to me about that not being a possibility. And I know due to my last pre-construction if anything would have been said to me about being limited to these "packages" that would have been a major red flag.. :-S

I'm in the same boat with you. When I bought my unit I had mentioned a few upgrades that I would like and was told that that would be okay. Three years later and it's not.

Back