Upside Down + Fuse Condos (Channington/Brownstone, 14s x2, 26s x2, Burka)

Site update:

Some rebar has been deliverd to the site this week and there are iron workers too, the excavation site has gotten deeper and again land suverys have been done.

Looks like the site is gearing up for major work.

Rikk

thanks Rikk. At least SOMETHING is happening on the site. but I really thought they would go full force through the summer. Hope it picks up soon.

I don't know if they're doing phase 2 at the same time, but when i visited the site a few weeks ago the entire area looked like it was being excavated, including the phase 2 site, so maybe thats a good sign?

I posed this question to the developer (Rob Falus) a few months ago and his response was yes - Phase 2 is going up concurrent with Phase I.

site update with pics

I thought i'd post some pics of the site as there has been a noticeable development.

Mainly, they have delivered a bunch of rebar and formwork wood and are beginning to set it up in the north-west corner of the lot. They have started a section of formwork for the foundation footing and have dug 3 square pits which will become footings for columns. The column holes appear to have concrete in them already but wet concrete looks a lot like water so its hard to tell.

The final grade of the site seems to be about 15 feet below where most of the excavation is currently at so there is still significant excavation to do. There are 2 excavators on site and about 6 guys doing formwork on a daily basis.

If you have any questions I can answer by simply looking at the site (from out of my site overlooking window), feel free to ask.

Rob

P1000784.jpg
P1000783.jpg
P1000782.jpg

Attachments

• P1000784.jpg
    P1000784.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 412
  • P1000783.jpg
    P1000783.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 440
  • P1000782.jpg
    P1000782.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 443
I thought i'd post some pics of the site as there has been a noticeable development.

Mainly, they have delivered a bunch of rebar and formwork wood and are beginning to set it up in the north-west corner of the lot. They have started a section of formwork for the foundation footing and have dug 3 square pits which will become footings for columns. The column holes appear to have concrete in them already but wet concrete looks a lot like water so its hard to tell.

The final grade of the site seems to be about 15 feet below where most of the excavation is currently at so there is still significant excavation to do. There are 2 excavators on site and about 6 guys doing formwork on a daily basis.

If you have any questions I can answer by simply looking at the site (from out of my site overlooking window), feel free to ask.

Rob

View attachment 7632View attachment 7633View attachment 7634

Hi Rob,

Good pics....

I think they have also dug a large padding for a craine....in the second picture you can see that they pourde concrete in the bottom and the area they dug out is about 20 x 20 feet square. Its just a guess....I was looking at the site yesterday......also the excavator has been working for the past week past 6 pm every night..

rikk

Hey Everyone,

I bought a unit in Phase 1 last November. I did some digging at the City and found out that they have had their building permits since last December, so I'm a little wary about what they say, but I hope it will actually be ready by next September!
emily

Well I was right....they have started the base for the craine....I stopped to have a look today....and did see the rebar and base of the craine all wired up...and ready to poure the concrete.....so I am sure we will see the craine this week or next week on site.

Rikk

Woohoo!

Isn't it funny (or aggravating) to think that had the previous move in date been kept, we would be just about 5 months away from the first set of people moving in? Argh. And now we're just happy that the crane has come in lol.

Woohoo!

Isn't it funny (or aggravating) to think that had the previous move in date been kept, we would be just about 5 months away from the first set of people moving in? Argh. And now we're just happy that the crane has come in lol.

So very true!

noticed the website for phase 1 and 2 is now gone. upsidedowncondoprices.com now redirects to fusecondos.com

they done advertising/selling?

noticed the website for phase 1 and 2 is now gone. upsidedowncondoprices.com now redirects to fusecondos.com

they done advertising/selling?

I assume that any units left will be sold by the agents for Fuse who are the same that sold Upsidedown.

Aug 17th Site Update

Another site update as they are busy as bees. I'll let the pictures do most of the talking but here's a quick summary:

-erected crane on poured concrete platform
-continue pouring foundation and footing concrete in main pit
-bored holes on north perimeter against existing parking garage and filled with concrete as shoring for continued excavation
-cleared plot of land above parking garage (adjacent to dollarama parking lot)
-erected a few concrete walls down by where they are doing foundation work

p.s. i'll be moving out of the area soon so i wont be able to update as frequently, i plan on checking in about once a month

rob

P1000800.jpg
P1000803.jpg
P1000797.jpg
P1000796.jpg
P1000801.jpg
P1000799.jpg

Attachments

• P1000803.jpg
    P1000803.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 335
  • P1000800.jpg