News   Apr 24, 2024
 209     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 517     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 3.1K     7 

Universal Health Care - Still Not Possible in US

We absolutely have two tier healthcare. The other tier that nobody talks about is access to foreign healthcare. There's a lot of focus on the US. But plenty of Canadians go to Asia for immediate treatment too. Talk to any Immigrant. At some point, somebody in their family, went to the old country to get something done. Either because of speed, or cost. My father, for example, got a ton of dental work done in India, while visiting relatives. Lot cheaper than Canada, even with the spousal dental coverage he got from my mom's work.

It's always been interesting to be that this aspect of two tier healthcare is almost never discussed in Canada.

I agree this is happening as well. My mom and my aunt like to get dental procedures done in Poland.

Dental costs in this country are absolute robbery. That’s all I’ll say. A lot of people also go to Turkey, Korea and especially Thailand for medical holidays.

On a side note, just saw this on the train today:

IMG_1733.jpeg

Dental costs in this country are absolute robbery. That’s all I’ll say. A lot of people also go to Turkey, Korea and especially Thailand for medical holidays.

On a side note, just saw this on the train today:

View attachment 504333
I'm kind of amazed that dental services cost so much in Canada. There seems to be plenty of dentists, so one would think supply and demand would moderate costs. Perhaps the surfeit of private insurance keeps cost high as consumers are not incentivized to shop around.

Back