News   Apr 24, 2024
 442     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 479     0 

units above retail stores and food establishments

s2kdarren

Member Bio
Reaction score
I just bought a unit on the 20th floor in the Yonge and Sheppard area above an ajisen ramen noodle place a subway sandwiches and a macs milk...

am I more prone to pests? im terrified of vermin (i know a grown man:) ) the building is 3 years old and looks very clean.

love the unit for the price... just under 300k - 2 balconies 2 bedrooms 2 bathrooms great layout. couldn't pass it up.

Twenty floors up probably means you won't even be able to hear people chewing. But as for the bugs, it would seem to be a safe bet that they'll stick with the dumpsters and other such delights at ground level.

That being said, if you see any buggies report their wanderings right away to the management.

Congrats on the purchase. One can assume a great view as well?

Twenty floors up probably means you won't even be able to hear people chewing. But as for the bugs, it would seem to be a safe bet that they'll stick with the dumpsters and other such delights at ground level.

That being said, if you see any buggies report their wanderings right away to the management.

Congrats on the purchase. One can assume a great view as well?

thank you very much.....
i have two views thanks to two balconies....one balcony from the bedroom faces yonge... i get an unobstructed view west and north. If i lean over a lot i can sort of see south because i have a wall... the other balcony faces north. both very nice views..... :)

would definitely report anything the second i saw anything.

thanks for the reply :)

am I more prone to pests? im terrified of vermin

Anyplace can be prone to unwanted visitors. They can only get into your space if they have access. Trapping/poisoning is a losing battle if their access remains. Simply spend the time checking every inch of your space and seal every possible access point (generally cracks, gaps, holes in floors, walls plumbing). This shouldn't be too daunting a task in a small apartment.

If they can't get in, you'll never have to deal with them.

Anyplace can be prone to unwanted visitors. They can only get into your space if they have access. Trapping/poisoning is a losing battle if their access remains. Simply spend the time checking every inch of your space and seal every possible access point (generally cracks, gaps, holes in floors, walls plumbing). This shouldn't be too daunting a task in a small apartment.

If they can't get in, you'll never have to deal with them.

Bedbugs can hitch a ride in your luggage and on your person should you sit in or near an infested area.

I was speaking of the usual suspects...mice and roaches, etc...they are everywhere, and as such, cannot be eradicated...only from your space.

Bringing in critters yourself is less likely, but does happen (like bed bugs, lice, fleas, etc). If you have an isolated infestation, they can be dealt with fairly easily with a one-time treatment. If you keep your outdoor pet well groomed and don't make a habit of picking up furniture from the street, you will lower your chances of this happening.

A major culprit is of course...children (filthy little beasts). Avoid them at all cost....don't have any in your house...don't go to a house that allows them...don't go near them in public.

Back