Who will be the next US president?

• John McCain

Votes: 8 7.8%
  • Barack Obama

Votes: 80 77.7%
  • Other

Votes: 15 14.6%

• Total voters
So Obama won North Carolina quite convincingly, but Hillary squeaked by in Indiana with a 51/49% win over Obama.

The deciding factor wasn't class or religion or other factors, the seniors category gave Hillary her significant boost to her small margin of victory according to exit polls. There was a clear difference between over 65 and under 65 age groups.

With that said, I think its coming time for Hillary to consider the facts. She cannot win on saying she won the most pledged delegates at this point. Obama absolutely routed her in North Carolina and netted over 15 delegates. She nets 1 in Indiana.

I think Hillary is the better choice. She is saving up her big horn blowing for later in the race. Her career has been substantively significant in terms of pushing forward a feminine agenda which is the reason women fought for the right to vote....all this good stuff will be said, will matter, in the race that really counts, the one to be president.

She has an impressive education, life experience, closer ties to the international community, her suggesting that NAFTA be reassessed makes perfect sense for all three countries heavily invested and spending way too much money in court clarifying and interpreting perhaps bad government legal nonsense often found in "agreements" governments put their hands on.

Hillary inspires hope for the underclass experiencing forms of neglect in America with a health care agenda that goes back to her husband's presidency, she is the real deal, she is a woman who will lead one of the most advanced societies into the 21st century......will she stop the current madness in Iraq and Afghanistan? I hope she does.

Oh and did I mention that her husband would be an advisor with intimate knowledge of how she thinks, who also has the experience of international conflict resolution as a once serving president who is still respected world wide and his seemingly economically sound policies less than a decade ago in memory might rattle a voting public who fear for their financial futures. The number 1 priority is now the economy, not war, not famine in the third world. America is about to get two presidents for the price of one when this recession really takes hold. Tawk about value added!

When, do you think, Hillary is going to bring out her "big horn blowing?" Since last night's results confirm what we knew already--that it is simply impossible for her to catch up in pledged delegates or the popular vote, and more or less impossible to net the required superdelegates to clinch, there's not any time left for horn-blowing. By any reasonable historical standard, Obama clinched this thing by March. It is only the boundless narcissism of the Clintons which has kept them in the race, much to the detriment of their party's chances in the general. If Obama loses this thing in November, it will be at least partly down to the hours and hours of footage to which the GOP will have access in which Hillary denounces her Democratic colleague and says things like "John McCain has passed the commander-in-chief test."

Apparently Hillary has cancelled all of her public appearances today, which may be portentous of something. If for some crazy reason she does not drop out now, expect her to be taken out the to woodshed by the Democratic leadership and told to knock it off...or for 100 superdelegates to declare en masse for Obama. The fact is, Hillary can say or do anything she wants, including remaining in the race to the convention. But the reality remains: she has lost.

I c said the blind man!
The fact is that Hillary is not the first person running for president who was written off prior to the convention who then went on to win the presidency. I answered your question, you need to re-read perhaps? This is a pretty exciting race, may the best "person" win.

Once again, how? How is the candidate who badly trails on every metric going to somehow pull off a convention-floor win? And, even if that were possible, how could it be done without ripping apart the party and driving a generation of young people, and practically the entire African American population, away from the Democrats (not to the GOP, mind you--just to not voting)? This is my problem with a lot of Clinton dead-enders: they talk like it's January. Tea leaves, momentum, and wheeling-and-dealing support don't matter anymore. Votes do. And the votes are almost entirely in.

So Obama won North Carolina quite convincingly, but Hillary squeaked by in Indiana with a 51/49% win over Obama.

The deciding factor wasn't class or religion or other factors, the seniors category gave Hillary her significant boost to her small margin of victory according to exit polls. There was a clear difference between over 65 and under 65 age groups.

With that said, I think its coming time for Hillary to consider the facts. She cannot win on saying she won the most pledged delegates at this point. Obama absolutely routed her in North Carolina and netted over 15 delegates. She nets 1 in Indiana.

I actually think there is now no reason to pull out on Hillary's side, only weeks are left -- BUT -- she should now no longer "attack" Obama because he has all but wrapped it up. She just has to forcefully make her case, and run only a positive campaign til Jun 3rd - then see the writing on the wall and throw her support towards Obama (or McCain :p)

I c said the blind man!
The fact is that Hillary is not the first person running for president who was written off prior to the convention who then went on to win the presidency. I answered your question, you need to re-read perhaps? This is a pretty exciting race, may the best "person" win.

If you are living in some parallel universe, then maybe. If this was February, then maybe.

Hillary is not going to win. Even her aides are resigned to the fact.

No money, no momentum, no popular vote, no delegates....

The only reason she won Indiana was because of Limbaugh's Operation Chaos.

This thing is over. She won't get a favourable ruling when the DNC Rules Committee meets on the 31st, and they'll be content to just run through the remaining states.

I don't understand this push to get Hillary to quit before the primaries are over. If I was a voter in the last few state primaries I'd want my voice to count as much as the first state primaries. The primary race will end when either side has the magic number of delegates, not before.

Bad night for Hillary. Obama is cutting into her base much more than she is cutting into his (as Bill Schneider pointed out on CNN Obama did much better among white women than he did in Ohio and Pennslyvania). It's over.

I don't understand this push to get Hillary to quit before the primaries are over. If I was a voter in the last few state primaries I'd want my voice to count as much as the first state primaries. The primary race will end when either side has the magic number of delegates, not before.

So I guess you feel the quitting by Edwards, Richardson, Paul, Romney, Huckabee etc were travesties?

Bad night for Hillary. Obama is cutting into her base much more than she is cutting into his (as Bill Schneider pointed out on CNN Obama did much better among white women than he did in Ohio and Pennslyvania). It's over.

Someone (probably Schneider) mentioned that her adopted, populist persona may have actually lost her some of the female vote. I honestly thought she was doing it well, and that it would work out for her last night. Obama's big night was a big surprise to me. It also gave me some faith that the voters don't have an Iq of 5. I say this not because they support Hillary, but because they believe Hillary likes hanging out at dive bars and knocking back shots of JD.

Well, it would have made for a more interesting Republican convention. It'll be a snoozefest with only the coronation of the ancient Mr. McCain as the main event.

hilldog is trying real hard to fit in everywhere. i don't like that. it gives the appearance that she is fake. my question is now, when will she have a photo op from a dyke bar wearing a strapon and snorting coke from between a lipstick lesbians ass crack while another woman is lactating on her?

hey, a guy can dream can't he? ;)

Come to think of it, I actually think Hillary should stay in it until the end. It could actually be better for both candidates, and the party. Here's why:

In Kentucky, Obama will lose by his biggest margin yet. That's pretty much a given, since the demographics of that state (and WV) are completely Hillary. If she dropped out today, Obama will still get creamed in the Kentucky, and that would be pretty embarassing.

So I think she should accept her big victories in WV and Kentucky, and then Obama can win Oregon and the SD's can say that the people decided Obama should be the nominee. It would also be nice for her to say goodbye after a big win, and she could use her speech to unite the party.

The people have decided! They decided a long time ago! The nomination contests being decided long, long before the likes of Oregon got to vote has been SOP in the US for a long time. There's no reason to extend this gruesome spectacle any longer for the sake of honouring some kind of 50-state inclusiveness principle which hasn't existed for decades.

I believe the there are actually 56 contests to award delegates in the Democratic primary. All 50 states plus The District Of Columbia, Puerto Rico, American Samoa, Guam, U.S. Virgin Islands, and 'Democrats Abroad' (which had over 23,000 votes from 164 countries and territories).

Hillary is like the last drunk person in a club that refuses to leave even though the music has stopped, the lights are all on, and the staff have keys in hand just waiting to lock up for the night and go home.

Back