• John McCain

Votes: 8 7.8%
  • Barack Obama

Votes: 80 77.7%
  • Other

Votes: 15 14.6%

• Total voters
Huckabee for Veep?

Probably... I should just be a spectator until November, I am not able to vote in any primary or caucus because my job is ending here in Oregon, the primary here is May, and back home where mom and dad are the primary is already over. Looks like I should just forget politics until the fall. ;)

One thing I guess everyone's understandably forgotten: a decade ago, a lot of people would (rightly or wrongly) have seen JFK Jr. in the position that Obama is in today...

I wonder how John McCain will court the right wing of the Republican Party now that he is now the odds-on favorite for the GOP nomination. That is something to watch for.
LI MIKE
It won't be easy. For instance, Rush Limbaugh and other right-wing mouthpieces are actively asking GOP voters to vote Democrat or abstain from voting in November so as the Dems will take the blame in 2012 for fu**ing up the country, instead of the GOP. A bit hard to understand from up here, but they actually see McCain as "liberal."

Hillary is a brilliant politician, she's time tested against the Republican attack machine, she has the female vote strongly in her favor during a general election against McCain, and polls and current hype surrounding Obama really don't prove anything to me.
Agreed, although nothing ramps up the GOP attack machine like talk of Hillary. The really do seem united in a dislike for her, whereas there's a reluctant respect for Obama.

"Obama is a great dreamer but like my opinion of Martin Luthor Jr., dreams are only a general direction, they often can't face the heat of reality."

How did we get from Obama to MLK? Oh yes, of course.

For that mattern "Martin Luthor Jr." would make a terrific punk-rock pseudonym, too...

romney is now backing mccain. i hope he's not kissing ass for a vice president spot and if he is, hopefully mccain won't give it to him.

Furthering my previous point, I think it goes without saying that Canadian's overwhelmingly feel more comfortable with a democratic US president. However, listen to Hilary and Obama speak to voters on important issues like trade. Obama for instance openly attacks NAFTA as a talking point. My instinct is that this language is purely rhetorical but it has the potential to translate into damaging policy intitiatives with respect to us here in Canada. I think people who think there will be a more rational look at border security issues than under the pervious US presidency will be disappointed as well. The Democrates will likely feel just as if not more compelled to maintain the current homeland security policy direction with respect to border control in order to appear tough on security.

romney is now backing mccain. i hope he's not kissing ass for a vice president spot and if he is, hopefully mccain won't give it to him.

Romney attacks McCain endlessly and then now he endorses him? How does this make any sense at all? They were sworn enemies a week ago and now they're respectful and love each other?

Furthering my previous point, I think it goes without saying that Canadian's overwhelmingly feel more comfortable with a democratic US president. However, listen to Hilary and Obama speak to voters on important issues like trade. Obama for instance openly attacks NAFTA as a talking point. My instinct is that this language is purely rhetorical but it has the potential to translate into damaging policy intitiatives with respect to us here in Canada. I think people who think there will be a more rational look at border security issues than under the pervious US presidency will be disappointed as well. The Democrates will likely feel just as if not more compelled to maintain the current homeland security policy direction with respect to border control in order to appear tough on security.
Which can easily lead one to believe that there's virtually no difference between the GOP and the Dems, save rhetoric.

Which can easily lead one to believe that there's virtually no difference between the GOP and the Dems, save rhetoric.
I don't know. I'd say Republican Presidents have historically been better for Canada. It was a Republican who joined us at NAFTA. It was Bush on our side (as much as that's possible) against the Congress on the softwood lumber fight.

Hillary is toast, It will now be 10 in a row after tonight and she is not closing the gap in the later races. The last race, Clinton could not even give the standard congratulations for winning that state - there was no way of spinning the loses. This week, Obama got smart - Clinton came on to give her speech without the congratulations for Wisconsin - so Obama came on and all the news stations followed his 45 minute speech - and she was drowned out. Clinton will not win Texas by enough (probably it will go with Obama after the bounce), Ohio will be reasonably close - and the clock begins to run out.

The presidential election will be McCain vs Obama.

Back