News   Sep 26, 2024
 353     0 
News   Sep 26, 2024
 908     3 
News   Sep 26, 2024
 610     0 

TVOntario to cancel Studio 2

Whenever Larry King is on, I find myself hypnotized by the Lite-Brite map of the world behind him, so I probably end up watching long enough to be picked up by the Nielsen ratings.

Whenever Larry King is on, I find myself hypnotized by the Lite-Brite map of the world behind him, so I probably end up watching long enough to be picked up by the Nielsen ratings.
Impossible, you need a people-meter box to have Neilson know what it is you are watching....not that you were being that serious.

Maybe I have a Nielsen box.....8o ...I'm also a secret shopper and a Mossad agent.

I checked out the TVO website and they have information about the new show the Agenda and questions answered by Steve Paikin. Most of the panel folk from studio2 will still make appearances on the Agenda. Segments like Person2Person with Paula Todd and interviews by Allen Greg will exist as their own separate shows. It would seem then that rather then being eliminated outright it is more like Studio2 is fracturing into component parts with each segment increasing its depth.

One issue I have with TVO is the number of British televison series programing. While they may be popular amongst certain demographics I don't see how they are relevent to the mandate of TVO as a public broadcaster. It's no different then running the Simpsons or American Idol just to get ratings.

"While they may be popular amongst certain demographics I don't see how they are relevent to the mandate of TVO as a public broadcaster"

Because most Canadian shows suck and they're doing us a big favour?

Back