News   Apr 16, 2024
 291     2 
News   Apr 16, 2024
 369     1 
News   Apr 16, 2024
 726     0 

TTC's subway NOT very impressive

Washington's stations seem very repetitive. Downtown, once you've seen one, you've seen most of them. And in the suburbs many just look like train platforms. I don't see much remarkable about them, particularly given how recent they are - they wouldn't look out of place in Montreal (well, the first time ...). Am I missing something?

Yes. Washington's Metro completely changed subway design, moving away from the low, utilitarian tile-lined structures of the early systems and toward open, airy structures. It has been emulated around the world, from Montreal to Paris to the new subways of Asia. It also introduced many new technologies that we now take for granted on a subway system. It was also the first to combine the traditional roles of the commuter railway with an urban subway, and the first to emphasize on-train passenger comfort. Beyond that, it sparked a renaissance in mass transit in the United States.

I been on LRT many times like a million time, LRT is SUCK!!! BOOO!!!

Subway is BETTER! If I was Mayor for Toronto, I would pick Subway than LRT for sake "Future" and Not "Present"

Toronto is WORST!!! I thinking Your Mayor (American) is very very RETARD in the world!

New York City, London, Moscow, Hong Kong, Shanghai and Tokyo will laugh at Toronto in around 2020 to 2030 when Toronto turn "Failure" when all LRT will be FULL passenger and no room, all Torontian will complain and complain and complain and complain, so GOOD LUCK to Toronto

I like the Museum renovation; it grew on me after my initial "meh" reaction. But I'd settle for basic good maintenance and cleanliness at most of our stations. Too many of them are dirty, dreary-looking, or with repair jobs that seem to have been abandoned before completion.

I like the Museum renovation; it grew on me after my initial "meh" reaction. But I'd settle for basic good maintenance and cleanliness at most of our stations. Too many of them are dirty, dreary-looking, or with repair jobs that seem to have been abandoned before completion.

Me too, I do like Museum Station Renovation

Subway is BETTER! If I was Mayor for Toronto, I would pick Subway than LRT for sake "Future" and Not "Present"

Toronto is WORST!!! I thinking Your Mayor (American) is very very RETARD in the world!

New York City, London, Moscow, Hong Kong, Shanghai and Tokyo will laugh at Toronto in around 2020 to 2030 when Toronto turn "Failure" when all LRT will be FULL passenger and no room, all Torontian will complain and complain and complain and complain, so GOOD LUCK to Toronto

If you were running for Mayor of Toronto, I think your campaign slogan would be "Vote of RGA2008 in 2011, he no suck suck RETARD failure"

Yes. Washington's Metro completely changed subway design, moving away from the low, utilitarian tile-lined structures of the early systems and toward open, airy structures. It has been emulated around the world, from Montreal to Paris to the new subways of Asia.

Maybe not on a Washington scale of open-airiness, but didn't Montreal come first with a "new model" of subway design? (1966 vs 1976)

Downsview, of course, is Toronto's most "Washington-esque" station.

Gentlemen, we have a winner!

For god's sake, if you're going to be retarded, at least learn to speak English.

You're right, Museum Station looks great. But how, in God's name, could the TTC possibly keep it clean? Just imagine all of the pillars covered in graffiti.

It's great that one station looks great, but what about the others? Will they be left in the dust?

Example:
Why is it that every time I go into St.-Clair station, I think I've just entered the setting for the next "Saw" movie?

Yes. Washington's Metro completely changed subway design, moving away from the low, utilitarian tile-lined structures of the early systems and toward open, airy structures.
That just doesn't make sense. Simply using Montreal as an example, there were some large airy structures as part of the first set of 1966 stations, years before construction ever started on the Washington Metro; take McGill for example. And even the more modern large open stations such as Lionel-Groulx, which perhaps feels more like a Washington station than any other, started construction before the first Washington station ever opened.

You're right, Museum Station looks great. But how, in God's name, could the TTC possibly keep it clean? Just imagine all of the pillars covered in graffiti.

It's great that one station looks great, but what about the others? Will they be left in the dust?

Example:
Why is it that every time I go into St.-Clair station, I think I've just entered the setting for the next "Saw" movie?

That totally made me laugh. I would hate to see every station be drastically different. Uniformity is good. The major problem is that the stations just are not being kept up and cleaned.

Back