Richmond Hill Yonge Line 1 North Subway Extension | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

Must just be a sloppy rendering then. CN wouldn’t allow a track reduction. It looks like cross-platform transfers are planned which is great.
Wait is the GO Train planning to stop here? It should be stopping 500m south at Bridge Center, not here...

You’re right, Bridge is the GO/ONR stop!
Just like the Line 1 Spadina and Line 2 Spadina, will passengers will have to w-a-l-k a long way between the Bridge Station on Line 1 and the GO Train on the Richmond Hill's Langstaff GO Station? And pay a BIG extra fare for the privilege?

Just like the Line 1 Spadina and Line 2 Spadina, will passengers will have to w-a-l-k a long way between the Bridge Station on Line 1 and the GO Train on the Richmond Hill's Langstaff GO Station? And pay a BIG extra fare for the privilege?
No? They are literally right next to eachother.

In red is where the future Bridge Station will be:
1639516550829.png

50, 60 and 80 storeys suggested from the engineering report:

screencapture-engagehightech-ca-wp-content-uploads-2021-12-High-Tech-TOC-Engineering-Studies-p...png

Retail proposed inside the station which should please some of our members! From the open house presentation:

Capture.JPG

1.6 million sq.ft. of office space proposed which is substantial for a suburban location like this. I can see York Region centralizing their offices/operations here. From the open house presentation:

Capture.JPG

I feel vindicated by this 😈 From the transportation study report:

Capture.JPG

Last edited:
Could they eventually connect the east and west portions of the line using the hydro corridor? This way you would actually complete the loop line.

It could be above ground since there is space available.

I feel vindicated by this 😈 From the transportation study report:

View attachment 369181
Good thing that over the 25 year period from 2021 to 2046 the population of the GTA is expected to grow 40% and that it will take at 7 to 10 years to build this.
I can't help but doubt these claims. 20% seems VERY HIGH. While the amount of WFH cases will increase, its important to remember that A) A lot of Jobs and thus employers won't allow WFH to be an option due to technological constraints (even if the pandemic showed its possible to work from home, its more than likely that productivity and workforce effectiveness is reduced in WFH environments) then there's also B) people who don't want to work from home. I have no doubt that it won't be 20% working from home. If we were to take the estimate that 50% enjoy WFH and 50% don't, we have to cut off all trade, worker, associate, teaching, and lab jobs from the equation, and only consider the jobs that can be done from home without restrictions. This basically only leaves us with IT and Software Development, which takes up no more than 10% of the working population.

Back