News   Jul 22, 2024
 100     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 880     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 518     0 

TTC to Proceed with Drug Testing

for it be an addiction there has to be some sort of physical withdrawl form the chemical imbalance it causes. this is not the case, as an avid daily pot smoker of over 15 years, it was nothing for me to stop, no withdrawl no nothing I just stopped.

i've heard that stopping pot causes nightmares and most potheads i know get all all irritable and anxious if they don't get their puff on. it's all a big waste of F'n money if you ask me, from prohibition enforcement to the end user. i think most people do it to be rebellious and trendy. it's a great example of the herd mentality at work. if people really did it because they wanted to get high or feel good, there are plenty of legal substances, plants, etc. that can give an equal or greater effect with a fraction of the of the cost.

i've heard that stopping pot causes nightmares and most potheads i know get all all irritable and anxious if they don't get their puff on. it's all a big waste of F'n money if you ask me, from prohibition enforcement to the end user. i think most people do it to be rebellious and trendy. it's a great example of the herd mentality at work. if people really did it because they wanted to get high or feel good, there are plenty of legal substances, plants, etc. that can give an equal or greater effect with a fraction of the of the cost.
If you stop using any substance after doing so frequently for a long time, you'll feel different. The irritability you speak of is, in fact, a psychological thing. Also, nobody I know, including myself "does it to be rebellious". It's fun and safer than getting drunk, and besides that, there aren't legal highs that are the same as the one you get from weed. Alcohol makes you a sick, mood-swinging drunk and then gives you a raging hangover afterwards, salvia makes you meet god, and I can't think of any other legal product that comes even close.

As far as I know, marijuana can cause dependence (ie. physical symptoms of withdrawal upon cessation) but it's less severe than other drugs such as cocaine and heroin.

As far as I know, marijuana can cause dependence (ie. physical symptoms of withdrawal upon cessation) but it's less severe than other drugs such as cocaine and heroin.

the same could be said about sugar and caffeine.... I guess we're all drug addicts

Caffeine for sure causes dependence - caffeine-withdrawal headaches are well-described. Sugar dependence has been demonstrated in rats that have been given massive amounts of sugar, but the human form is unproven.

obviously you've never smoked pot

Just to clear things up, i don't think pot is terribly bad or addictive compared to most intoxicants, and believe me, I've smoked weed. Lotsa.
For a certain percentage of users, there is certainly a level of what seems to me to be physical addiction. I've seen people try to give it up many times only to start again. I've seen them get upset when they don't have access to any (while traveling, usually). While probably a very small percentage, it does happen to some.

At any rate, I think we can all agree you shouldn't be driving a eff'n bus, or working in underground tunnels with heavy machinery while high on anything. Nor should you be protected after being caught.

At any rate, I think we can all agree you shouldn't be driving a eff'n bus, or working in underground tunnels with heavy machinery while high on anything. Nor should you be protected after being caught.
This, right here, is what it comes down to. Operating heavy vehicles and machinery while under the influence of anything is not only stupid, but absolutely retarded. There is no reason why you can't just wait until after work to get stoned. Taking a bus onto the road while under the influence of any sort of intoxicating substance is illegal for a reason, and it should be.

If you stop using any substance after doing so frequently for a long time, you'll feel different. The irritability you speak of is, in fact, a psychological thing. Also, nobody I know, including myself "does it to be rebellious". It's fun and safer than getting drunk, and besides that, there aren't legal highs that are the same as the one you get from weed. Alcohol makes you a sick, mood-swinging drunk and then gives you a raging hangover afterwards, salvia makes you meet god, and I can't think of any other legal product that comes even close.

that was an exaggeration on my part. :eek: i'm argumenting from personal observations; most of the people i know that do the stuff, first tried back in the day to be rebellious, to be cool. of course they don't do it today to be cool but rather because they're attached to it now. but the initial usage was due in part to a rebellious nature and to show "having balls". if eating shit was cool, they would have done it.

another thing i can say based on my observations of people i knew is that pot doesn't make people stupid. these guys were dumb before they ever put a joint in their mouth.

p.s, if salvia makes you meet god, you're doing too much of it. and BTW, isn't it the salvia goddess? did you ever see her? she hot? :D

and does anyone ever go for a jog anymore? has everyone forgot about runners high?

p.s, if salvia makes you meet god, you're doing too much of it. and BTW, isn't it the salvia goddess? did you ever see her? she hot? :D
Watch this.

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=2VPmGhNJi1A

Note that he takes a single hit, tops it off, then starts tripping almost instantly. I've heard a salvia trip being described as "someone chaining you to the back of a pickup truck and dragging you through your mind at a few hundred miles per hour". It's pretty much the most potent hallucinogenic available, and it's legal. If you smoked salvia and could still comprehend reality after about 30 seconds, you're smoking it wrong.

After seeing that video, I gotta try this stuff. I wanna be just like that guy.

I tried it once. It wasn't terrible, but I'm certainly not eager to do it again. I guess I'm too old to lose touch with reality to that extent. It was by far the most potent dissociative I've ever encountered. Same planet, different worlds.

After seeing that video, I gotta try this stuff. I wanna be just like that guy.
For your own sake, I'd suggest you do some more research on it before smoking salvia. A lot of people think "Sweet, legal psychoactive!" and then end up regretting it. Salvia is not like weed. Salvia makes you forget that you exist because there is no concept of you, no concept of concept itself, even. You see other universes, have hallucinations that seem to last days when it's only been a few seconds, and no other psychoactive drug can even come close to comparing. LSD is to salvia like a BB gun is to a nuclear warhead. I'm not sure if that's sarcasm I see in your post, but if you're serious, don't just wade in unprepared. You WILL regret it afterwards when you've met all your dead family members, separated reality into 40 different layers and looked into each one, and met forces so powerful that your brain can't even understand what they are, only to wake up and find out you've been wandering around for fifteen minutes and screaming gibberish.

Watch this.

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=2VPmGhNJi1A

Note that he takes a single hit, tops it off, then starts tripping almost instantly. I've heard a salvia trip being described as "someone chaining you to the back of a pickup truck and dragging you through your mind at a few hundred miles per hour". It's pretty much the most potent hallucinogenic available, and it's legal. If you smoked salvia and could still comprehend reality after about 30 seconds, you're smoking it wrong.

from what i've read, if you chew it it will have less effect; pretty colors & annoying sounds. doing shit like that (in the video) is very dangerous. they were in an area where you can get easily hurt. they should have done it in a a large open & level field. it's a good thing they did it on a cloudy day so the dude wouldn't start to stare at the sun and go blind. his trip sitters should have made suggestions like (look at this hot chick, she wants to do this to you, she is the most beautiful girl on earth, etc) this would probably paint a picture in his head of what they were saying and make his trip more enjoyable. set & setting. i've heard that salvia when smoked in large doses, can cause one to believe they have lived and entire life in a few minutes. wouldn't it be nice that after dieing at the ripe old age of 105, you wake up in a park with a bunch of your friends only to learn that you've been high on salvia for 5 minutes and you're 15 years old? :eek:

P.S, the most potent hallucinogenics are in your brain. every time you go to sleep and dream, you get a dose of free drugs.

i give thanks to the psychonauts' experiences for helping me understand how things like moses and the burning bush could happen.

from what i've read, if you chew it it will have less effect; pretty colors & annoying sounds.
That's called quidding, and yes, it's less effective than smoking it because you do it with just the leaves, rather than the extract. It also tastes like concentrated ass, apparently.

doing shit like that (in the video) is very dangerous. they were in an area where you can get easily hurt. they should have done it in a a large open & level field. it's a good thing they did it on a cloudy day so the dude wouldn't start to stare at the sun and go blind.
Agreed. Salvia is one of those things you do in a closed, controlled environment with other trustworthy people in the room. Doing it in a forest is just retarded.

his trip sitters should have made suggestions like (look at this hot chick, she wants to do this to you, she is the most beautiful girl on earth, etc) this would probably paint a picture in his head of what they were saying and make his trip more enjoyable. set & setting.
No. A million times no. Salvia is not a drug where you can "suggest" things to make a trip better. At best, his friends voices would transform into demons telling him that the world he knows isn't real and that he will spend an eternity having experiences like he's having because that world is the real one. As a salvia trip sitter, the best thing you can do is just shut up until they calm down with the tripping, at which point it's safe to talk. Anything else either doesn't register with them or sounds like something totally different. It's one of those weird things that stays mostly the same regardless of the person doing the drug.

Also, from what I've heard, salvia + music in the room = OH GOD I CAN SEE THE MUSIC WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON

i give thanks to the psychonauts' experiences for helping me understand how things like moses and the burning bush could happen.
Hahaha, that's my pet theory too.

"Oh shit dudes, I just saw god!"
"Yeah, right Moses, eat some more shrooms won't ya?"

Back