News   May 06, 2024
 699     1 

TTC Subway Quiz

Perfected the first two.
28/30 on the last one.

- "Your Pick: Ossington
Answer: Donlands " (THAT CURSED "N"...)

- "Your Pick: Finch
Answer: Old Mill " (I have never seen that eagle sticker/logo in my life...)

Apparently I still know very little about the subway system if I'm getting even one answer wrong.

I got like 19 or 20 out of 30.

I'm surprised I got even that high. The majority of them I had no clue.

I love this quiz because I have a lot of respect for quality subway station design and art. The simplistic Bloor-Danforth line architecture caused me to make a few mistakes, and I got 27/30. The line's stations have some creative flourishes, but they're way too rare and understated. Still, there's a look to those all photos, even those taken at the more generic stations, that looks so maturely urban and metropolitan that was refreshing to see. It should be acknowledged among fellow Torontonians that Spacing presents and fashions the city well.

Having to commute much of the Bloor-Danforth line this past summer from the west end to Scarborough, I must say that the lack of creativity in the station design made for a dull experience to put it lightly. We never designed those stations to provide any scenery for commuters to make up for the tunnels. Sometimes I'll add the ten minutes in my regular commute from downtown in the evening just to be able to see the 1978 Spadina line stations along the way.

I scored 18/20, considering I've never seen Finch Station's exit before. One thing though...since when was Royal York station's hallway yellow? It looked yellow to me.

Back