News   Mar 28, 2024
 1.3K     3 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 656     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 930     0 

Sheppard Line 4 Subway Extension (Proposed)

There is no indication that Sheppard West is even being contemplated by the province.
I'm sure at some point Doug Ford will contemplate bringing it all the way to his front porch and probably insist that at least one station bear the name of his deceased brother. If anything can be stamped as his (Doug's) legacy it's Toronto"s "subways, subways, subways.". And nothing does this better than a Shepherd subway stretching (in his mind) all the way from Etobicoke to Pickering. (Doubtful it all gets built to his demented vision--kinda depends on how long he's in power)

I'm sure at some point Doug Ford will contemplate bringing it all the way to his front porch and probably insist that at least one station bear the name of his deceased brother. If anything can be stamped as his (Doug's) legacy it's Toronto"s "subways, subways, subways.". And nothing does this better than a Shepherd subway stretching (in his mind) all the way from Etobicoke to Pickering. (Doubtful it all gets built to his demented vision--kinda depends on how long he's in power)
I honestly hope he does name a station after his brother, considering his importance in the transit department, especially for scrapping most of that God awful Transit City proposal.

Now that Doug took what his brother started and is now finally getting transit construction underway.

Cheers to the Ford Brothers 🍻

I honestly hope he does name a station after his brother, considering his importance in the transit department, especially for scrapping most of that God awful Transit City proposal.

Now that Doug took what his brother started and is now finally getting transit construction underway.

Oh yeah, let's name stations after people who were openly homophobic. What a wonderful idea for a city and province who pretends to be inclusive.

As a bisexual man, I couldn't care less about what the line is called. You know what I care about? The out of control costs and politics that prevent us from building desperately needed transit and other infrastructure. Though I agree it's a tad silly naming a line or station after Ford... LOL.

On the other hand, Sheppard didn't make it into the latest batch of four (OL, SSE, YNSE, Eg West).

He wanted to spread the projects somewhat evenly across the city: south, east, north, west. That kind of disqualified Sheppard East, because the east is getting SSE. Hovewer, he could pick Sheppard West (Yonge to Dufferin) instead of Eg West, noone would complain much, and the cost would be lower because Sheppard West is shorter, just 4 km.

His interest in Sheppard might not be that high after all.

He didn't start anything.

He delayed everything.

Gross 🤢🤮🤧😷

On the other hand, Sheppard didn't make it into the latest batch of four (OL, SSE, YNSE, Eg West).

He wanted to spread the projects somewhat evenly across the city: south, east, north, west. That kind of disqualified Sheppard East, because the east is getting SSE. Hovewer, he could pick Sheppard West (Yonge to Dufferin) instead of Eg West, noone would complain much, and the cost would be lower because Sheppard West is shorter, just 4 km.

His interest in Sheppard might not be that high after all.
Sheppard West has the Don River crossing obstacle. The feeder opportunities are also kind of limited, when compared to Sheppard East. It will only be built for network connectivity and redundancy.

Some quality trolling of the Province from 2 Scarborough Council members in the form of a Member motion coming to next week's Council Mtg.

The Motion title:

Get It Done - Complete the Scarborough Subway Network - by
Councillor Cynthia Lai, seconded by Councillor Nick Mantas

The substance:

1654867609816.png

Phase 1 would be to UTSC, after that extended to Malvern and Sheppard-McCowan.
If they were to phase it the first phase would be to Morningside and Sheppard since the planned matinence facility is on Sheppard east of Morningside. If they go with the other potential patience facility, it could theoretically end at UTSC (more likely pan am) but they seem to be leaning towards the Sheppard location now.

If they were to phase it the first phase would be to Morningside and Sheppard since the planned matinence facility is on Sheppard east of Morningside. If they go with the other potential patience facility, it could theoretically end at UTSC (more likely pan am) but they seem to be leaning towards the Sheppard location now.
Well this was based off their original plan back when it was an extension of Line 5. Obviously since this is now a separate and presumably disconnected line, plans will change.

Back