News   Apr 25, 2024
 347     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1K     4 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1K     0 

Sheppard Line 4 Subway Extension (Proposed)

Adam Vaughan??? No way he gets the suburban vote.

Hoping for someone younger this time, just like at the federal level
a lot of people do not follow politics, especially municipal politics. To suburbans, Vaughan's name would mean little so he could run. Maybe thats why he left municipal politics, so his name would be out of the media and then he could come back

We all know that if you win Toronto, you win the election

So package deal for next election:

DRL Phase I=Downtown is happy
Scarborough Subway =Scarborough is happy
Sheppard Subway=North York and Scarborough are happy

How can you lose unless the PC up the ante? which is unlikely as they will predictably campaign on balancing the books...
and you think residents will easily believe the Liberals, what with hydro prices, the other findings /waste in the auditor general report, etc, etc. I believe transit will not save the Liberals this time

After revoting
  • Sheppard East to STC passed 24-19
  • Sheppard West to Downsview 28-15
what? sheppard to downsview? Boy for sure none of this is getting built. Everyone being promised something. I am glad I did not view the council debate today. And then there were probably councillors who talked against the subway but then i bet voted for it. This happens all the time, The TTC should be the one deciding where transit and what type goes where. They know where the numbers are

We are back to the predicament. How can we make these idiot North York councillors realize that the best subway for North York is the Relief Line to Sheppard?
I'll tell you how. Studying DRL-long like they should be doing would motivate a lot of suburban councilors. With the province and now the feds wanting to spend more on local transit, DRL-long is the perfect and obvious candidate to be at the head of the line for that money.

Instead we wasted another opportunity.

I'll tell you how. Studying DRL-long like they should be doing would motivate a lot of suburban councilors. With the province and now the feds wanting to spend more on local transit, DRL-long is the perfect and obvious candidate to be at the head of the line for that money.

Instead we wasted another opportunity.

I agree. For all the right technical and political reason, DRL long - big J - is likely to be the next big fully funded piece of transit infrastructure.

Because it's the left that decided to define their transit policy entirely around LRT .

Actually it was because they decided it was the only network we could afford to build. And it has turned out they were 100% correct.

I can see the Sheppard Subway being extended south along Don Mills, eventually joining up with the (Downtown) Relief Line. Wonder if they'll have a ceremonial "last spike" to celebrate the the joining of two lines together?

LastSpike_Craigellachie_BC_Canada.jpg

I can see the Sheppard Subway being extended south along Don Mills, eventually joining up with the (Downtown) Relief Line. Wonder if they'll have a ceremonial "last spike" to celebrate the the joining of two lines together?
Hah! That should have been something that Matlow or someone else should have proposed a motion for yesterday!

The platforms on Sheppard line are long enough you can upgrade half the platform at a time.

So you're running 2-car trains instead of 4? And twice as frequently too, to make up for the loss of capacity?

Guess all those 4-car TRs that we just bought are going to be useless, then.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

So you're running 2-car trains instead of 4? And twice as frequently too, to make up for the loss of capacity?

Guess all those 4-car TRs that we just bought are going to be useless, then.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.
Forgive me for not having the numbers on platform length to back me up (this has been discussed on this forum before, I am sure someone has them), but can't we run 4-car trains, just having them stop in one half of the platform and having the other half of the platform blocked off as upgrades take place?

Forgive me for not having the numbers on platform length to back me up (this has been discussed on this forum before, I am sure someone has them), but can't we run 4-car trains, just having them stop in one half of the platform and having the other half of the platform blocked off as upgrades take place?

Well, considering that the 4-car trains are about 300 feet long, and the platforms about 350 feet long....how do you figure that would work?

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

Back