News   Apr 26, 2024
 139     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 416     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1.2K     4 

Danforth Line 2 Scarborough Subway Extension

If upgrading the SkyTrain is a no-go then why don't they just use RER? If RER is running up to York Region on the Stoufille line why don't they just increase the frequency to downtown but have every other train veer off the mainline and go to STC. It would save a few billion, could be easily built, and Scar would actually get a fast and no-transfer route to downtown which is what they want. What am I missing?
RER to Scarborough town center wouldn't cost the same as a ttc fare. RER isn't known so it doesn't have the prestige of a subway to people in Scarborough. Damn it Scarborough deserves a subway.

The fools are the Politicians which tried to replicate here and on Sheppard, and continue to propagate that we wont see the subway extended each time there is a change to fix the subway line created by councils collective dysfunction and Liberal games.

If it wasn't for these fools we likely wouldn't have a Ford capitalizing to fixing this mess and the subway would have been extended at least a decade ago much cheaper
Jesus wept, what the hell do these two run on sentences mean?

ewtrhtygr654-e1443539188421.jpg

Please review the below and try again.

SentenceStructures.png

Last edited:
Cut the crap.

There really is no need to paint a false picture and make chit up simply because you don't agree.

On this topic the provincial NDP had little transit direction and would have allowed the ridiculous 1 stop be built, the Liberals were the worst as they ran as "subway champions" and watched the subway ripped down to one stop without a peep.

So while ive said numerous times it sucks the subway is slightly delayed for both reasonable and political reasons under Ford Im overall more comfortable with the direction this line going and yes it will be built. Lets step back the line is being built for the better with stops unlike what we saw at council when it was under attack (from outside municipal NDP and a couple Liberals) and being torn apart. The real delays are from the refusal to connect the Centre from the start, and moreso the lunacy from many on council to fight against every connected option it when the issue was called out loudly in 2010 under "Transfer City" and backed up in the Metrlinx report that removing the transfer for LRT would also be beneficial.

Putting the over the top political hysteria aside the subway will actually be built and in a very good form. Maybe even a Brimley stop (Oh the horror) So sorry i simply cant share the anti-Ford transit hysteria after all the nonsense that went on with other parties. The best part is not one Provincial party ever overturn the improved line once it is finalized to move forward.
It's being delayed because of stupid politics, and the fords. the one stop (bad idea) was actually going to being construction this year. Ford stopped that. Nothing will be built before 2022 now. A ford has delayed everything again.
The best option was the Glenn Murray circa 2013 plan in the readily available SRT corridor lands. No DumbTrack, no Transit Crappy, just an extension of the Bloor-Danforth that could've have made it's way all the way out to Malvern Town Centre in the shorter term. I'm not being partisan when I state this, I could care less that he was a Liberal proposing it. It just made common sense.
Easily! no digging up McCowan, a clean connection to STC. And it's less than 2 billion dollars! What happened to us?

It's being delayed because of stupid politics, and the fords. the one stop (bad idea) was actually going to being construction this year. Ford stopped that. Nothing will be built before 2022 now. A ford has delayed everything again.

Easily! no digging up McCowan, a clean connection to STC. And it's less than 2 billion dollars! What happened to us?

The one stop subway was an absurd idea. To Fords credit he is fixing the line which every other politician in the Province and City should have been doing previously. Instead many did the opposite. I have very little issue with the slight delay here to get the most out of this chosen corridor. Politics are surely being played as they were but the previous Provincial admin and worse on City council but at least this time around its for the greater good of the line and thankfully we can soon move on once its fixed.

I also agree the BDL or Crosstown using the old RT corridor which connected the Centre were very good options. While I'm not a fan of the current RT rail corridor alignment south-east of the City Centre since the stops isolated and not very central I could see the benefits of connecting the Centre and allowing a continued flow thru Centennial College as as Markham/Milner as a beneficial upgrade. Personally I much prefer the current McCowan alignment for the BDL extension for the Central feeder locations so long as the line is built with the intermediate stops. Which is what is going on now, as the line is being fixed.

Last edited:
The costs on this line are absurd. And that has to be addressed. If Toronto can't build a few km of subway in a suburb under major avenues at a decent cost, good luck with the DRL.

Very relevant:

Maybe they need to use the Scarborough Subway to learn how to construct subways for a reasonable price again.

If upgrading the SkyTrain is a no-go then why don't they just use RER? If RER is running up to York Region on the Stoufille line why don't they just increase the frequency to downtown but have every other train veer off the mainline and go to STC. It would save a few billion, could be easily built, and Scar would actually get a fast and no-transfer route to downtown which is what they want. What am I missing?

Interesting. I wonder how much of the ROW would accommodate heavy rail (grades, curve, tunnel bore) along with the stations and elevated portions. Still might be cheaper though.

I wonder if they are thinking of building the subway on either side of the railway with shared "cross-platform transfer" platforms at Lawrence, as they are contemplating with the Ontario Line. I thought about that a few years ago and figured, Naw, too weird.

The costs on this line are absurd. And that has to be addressed. If Toronto can't build a few km of subway in a suburb under major avenues at a decent cost, good luck with the DRL.

Very relevant:

Maybe they need to use the Scarborough Subway to learn how to construct subways for a reasonable price again.
I thought the B-D extension West to Honeydale (427) was a priority for just this reason.

Honestly if we went with Rob Ford's Eglinton-Scarborough-Crosstown line, none of this would ever have happened. John Tory would likely revive the Scarborough Malvern LRT, Extended the Eglinton Crosstown west to Toronto Pearson International Airport and there would be no endless debate on what to replace the Scarborough RT with.

Honestly if we went with Rob Ford's Eglinton-Scarborough-Crosstown line, none of this would ever have happened. John Tory would likely revive the Scarborough Malvern LRT, Extended the Eglinton Crosstown west to Toronto Pearson International Airport and there would be no endless debate on what to replace the Scarborough RT with.
If we went with the Rob Ford plan we wouldn't be building the Finch West LRT right now.

Back