News   Apr 26, 2024
 161     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 423     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1.3K     4 

Danforth Line 2 Scarborough Subway Extension

I think the obvious answer is the forty or so condos (some 70 storeys high) being built on the square one parking lot.
Any of the suburban subway/rapid transit/GO Train stations should have a dozen or more MIXED (residential, commercial, and retail) buildings on their AND surrounding (1+km) parking lots.

Does anyone have any reasonable timeframes for this RFQ, subsequent RFP and contact duration? I can speculate maybe: 3 months, 12 months, 6 years? Appreciate if anyone has something more firm.

Does anyone have any reasonable timeframes for this RFQ, subsequent RFP and contact duration? I can speculate maybe: 3 months, 12 months, 6 years? Appreciate if anyone has something more firm.
according to the news release rfps are being announced next spring. we should hear about prequalified bidders maybe at the same time
the timeline is apperently already a few months delayed. since rfps are already set back to spring 2022.
....the next market update should come soon

as for the construction timeline.....theres 1000 forum pages discussing how scarborough will be on busses for minimum 3 years.
I think the "cross fingers date" is like 2031

I think midblock stations wouldn't make sense in this part of town, anyway. The density is low, little to no redevelopment potential and few local bus connections.
I think "a subway extension" wouldn't make sense in this part of town, anyway. The density is low, little to no redevelopment potential and few local bus connections.

I think "a subway extension" wouldn't make sense in this part of town, anyway. The density is low, little to no redevelopment potential and few local bus connections.

Few local bus connections? Look at Scarborough on the TTC system map (https://www.ttc.ca/PDF/Maps/TTC_SystemMap.pdf) and see those "few".

The density is low, but the total catchment area is very large and the transit usage is pretty high there. Less than in downtown but a lot more than across the 416 border. The ridership will be on par with the west end of Line 2, and higher than on the northern section of the Spadina line.

according to the news release rfps are being announced next spring. we should hear about prequalified bidders maybe at the same time
the timeline is apperently already a few months delayed. since rfps are already set back to spring 2022.
....the next market update should come soon

as for the construction timeline.....theres 1000 forum pages discussing how scarborough will be on busses for minimum 3 years.
I think the "cross fingers date" is like 2031

Any idea why the IO P3 September Market Update is delayed? Usually its posted before September 21 :/ Nothing in news

Also off topic but EGWLRT has no dates allocated to it previously wonder if they will update that or not. Seems fish to me tbh

Any idea why the IO P3 September Market Update is delayed? Usually its posted before September 21 :/ Nothing in news
Federal election? Premier has literally been in hiding, and the legislature was adjourned - and finally convened on September 20 - election day. I expect the party would approve few releases.

Back