News   Aug 23, 2024
 1.2K     0 
News   Aug 23, 2024
 1.8K     4 
News   Aug 23, 2024
 547     0 

TTC: Post: Seating on new buses and TTC souvenirs

WRT to the new TTC store...

I went about a month ago to buy our friend in Rotterdam (Ronald) a TTC t-shirt. The employee working the store was on a smoke-break according to the man waiting behind the cash. He said he couldn't do anything until she returned. I waited a whole 30 minutes and when she finally came, neither of them could figure out how to use the debit machine. I volunteered to get some cash, but they couldn't guarantee me that I'd be able to get back in the system without using another token. After some phone calls to head office, they finally got it sorted. I then asked for a bag for my purchase and they told me to ask at the camera shop across the hall as "they may have some extras."

Notice I still haven't mentioned that I could probably knock-over this "TTC STUFF" kiosk with a push of my thumb.

WRT to the new TTC store...

I went about a month ago to buy our friend in Rotterdam (Ronald) a TTC t-shirt. The employee working the store was on a smoke-break according to the man waiting behind the cash. He said he couldn't do anything until she returned. I waited a whole 30 minutes and when she finally came, neither of them could figure out how to use the debit machine. I volunteered to get some cash, but they couldn't guarantee me that I'd be able to get back in the system without using another token. After some phone calls to head office, they finally got it sorted. I then asked for a bag for my purchase and they told me to ask at the camera shop across the hall as "they may have some extras."

Notice I still haven't mentioned that I could probably knock-over this "TTC STUFF" kiosk with a push of my thumb.

You'd figure with such a crappy store they'd try to make up for it's shortcomings with some great service (especially considering a lot of tourists might stop by). I guess not.

When I first heard of a TTC store, I envisioned a great looking space in the main hall, accessible to everyone...not the sub-dollar store operation they're running.

Any idea who they have staffing it? Are they full-fledged unionised TTC employees making $35k a year? If so, I can't possibly see it lasting.

(Hmmm... making lots of posts today. Anything to distract myself from real work, I guess.)

Back