News   Jul 22, 2024
 144     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 270     0 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 1K     0 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

The other $29 billion is for the entire country spread over the next 10 years (~$ 3 Billion/year). While it sounds like a lot, it's not as much as you think from a public transit infrastructure perspective.
The city has about 7.5% of Canada's total population and 9% of it's urban population. It seems unlikely that it will only get 3.3% of this fund.

Though other big contenders like the GO Milton RER-like and the VIA HFR could get good chunks of Ontario's portion.

The city has about 7.5% of Canada's total population and 9% of it's urban population. It seems unlikely that it will only get 3.3% of this fund.

Though other big contenders like the GO Milton RER-like and the VIA HFR could get good chunks of Ontario's portion.
pretty sure via hfr isnt going to use this. the money is for direct municipalities or regional authorities only

I don't see how VIA HFR has to use money from this fund?
It's public and it's transit ...

1721307461132.png

Last edited:
Currently in London and wanted to share some highlights with y'all. I reckon y'all will enjoy them.

PEDs at Paddington ⬇️

IMG-20240718-WA0060.jpg
IMG-20240718-WA0056.jpg
IMG-20240718-WA0058.jpg
IMG-20240718-WA0057.jpg

I thought you all may get a shock from this ⬇️

This is the standard gap between the platform and train at Kensal Green tube.

Because of the age of the station, it cannot accommodate the height of tube trains.

As such, there is a 6 inch gap between the train and the platform.

IMG-20240718-WA0055.jpg

The summary of the HFR draft RfP included a requirement for a Financial Plan with a "Debt competition plan, financial structure and financial model." Not a conclusive statement that the project will be financed using debt (bonds?) but an indication that at least some of the money should be raised that way. We may know more in November this year, when the preferred proponent is selected to move into co-development phase.
1721314835728.png

The summary of the HFR draft RfP included a requirement for a Financial Plan with a "Debt competition plan, financial structure and financial model." Not a conclusive statement that the project will be financed using debt (bonds?) but an indication that at least some of the money should be raised that way. We may know more in November this year, when the preferred proponent is selected to move into co-development phase.
View attachment 581365
Isnt that what the F in dbfom means?

Because of the age of the station, it cannot accommodate the height of tube trains.

View attachment 581363
Now that is a gap to be minded!

I considered putting this as an update to 316 Bloor West however given this weeks impact on the 510 Spadina Streetcar/Bus I think it belong here. The site is basically unchanged from when I passed by June 24th, and no work active work on the surface.

Couldn't snap a photo today but here's the one I got on the 24th
june24.jpg

I considered putting this as an update to 316 Bloor West however given this weeks impact on the 510 Spadina Streetcar/Bus I think it belong here. The site is basically unchanged from when I passed by June 24th, and no work active work on the surface.

Couldn't snap a photo today but here's the one I got on the 24th
View attachment 581619
The 510 is impacted cause of the construction work that closed Spadina/Bloor intersection, not cause of this site.

The 510 is impacted cause of the construction work that closed Spadina/Bloor intersection, not cause of this site.
The 510 is only impacted by that intersection closure because it is a bus. It is currently a bus because there is an expansion of the underground streetcar loop that kicked off as a result of redevelopment of this site.

Currently in London and wanted to share some highlights with y'all. I reckon y'all will enjoy them.

PEDs at Paddington ⬇️

View attachment 581359View attachment 581360View attachment 581361View attachment 581362

View attachment 581363
If you ever visit Japan, everyone brags about the subway in Tokyo but a gap (above or below) several inches from platform level was normal surprisingly. The TTC is actually really good about being consistent.

Back