News   Mar 28, 2024
 495     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 399     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 742     0 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

Too few per platform, particularly for busy stations with obstructed sightlines. I'm thinking of Yonge Stn on Line 2 and St George where if you don't end up within 10M of the screen you have no hope of reading it, and there are only 2 or 3 on the entire platform.

Warden only has them on the Westbound platform which is one of the stupidest things I have seen in awhile.

This could easily go in the Covid thread as well:

1637620966592.png

I had a friend caught up in this, at the time, chaos w/all buses being denied entry/exit to Main, apparently by TTC staff protesting the vaccine mandate.

This will go over well w/the broader public...........

Obstructing riders on one of the first truly cold days of the year, in evening rush-hour..................

View attachment 364727

I had a friend caught up in this, at the time, chaos w/all buses being denied entry/exit to Main, apparently by TTC staff protesting the vaccine mandate.

Obstructing riders on one of the first truly cold days of the year, in evening rush-hour..................
Absolutely just mind-numbing. The funny thing is, half of them will end up getting the vaccine after they see they paychecks arent coming in and all the fuss about their "freedom" they've been making for the past ~2 years will evaporate just like that.

Now if we're talking people suspended because of medical exemptions, that's a whole other matter and I understand why they would be demonstrating for that purpose.

View attachment 364727

I think they originally started because Brad Bradford and Rick Leary were going to hold some sort of meet and greet at the station between 5 and 7. I only found out about it when I saw posters for it by the map when I got off the subway to go up the escalator at Mian station around 5:30 tonight

Just heard that the City & TTC are looking at Transit priority! See:

Since they either do not have TP or do not turn it on in many locations, maybe we can get them to 'get with it".

I suggest we all complete the Survey!

TTC agenda for next week........is up........sorta..........

There's virtually nothing on the agenda. Several reports that were due are not there............

On top of which, not one thing has a live HTML link.........so you can't even read the CEO's report........

1637787597040.png

I just checked the separate section of the TTC's website where they index the CEO reports......

The November one is not posted there.

TTC agenda for next week........is up........sorta..........

There's virtually nothing on the agenda. Several reports that were due are not there............

On top of which, not one thing has a live HTML link.........so you can't even read the CEO's report........

View attachment 365235

I just checked the separate section of the TTC's website where they index the CEO reports......

The November one is not posted there.
The links are on the webpage further down.

The links are on the webpage further down.

Those were not there when I previously checked; but thanks for highlighting that they are now!

The agenda is still thin; the CEO's report has nothing of merit to say.........

But I did find some stuff in the ACAT minutes..................

1637789435891.png

1637789495058.png

1637789532387.png

Yes the CEO Report is very thin; no doubt the computer 'incident' has taken time but I am always amazed they manage to report but VERY seldom mention large capital projects. It would have been good to know exactly what happened at KQR (and what impact is) and the long-promised and partly done "station finishes" project appears to be at a standstill, again. See: https://www.ttc.ca/service-advisori...-and-Maintenance---Tile-and-Panel-Replacement

From the Financial Update for the Period Ended October 2, 2021 and Major Projects Update (See link),

All stations will have an accessibility path by 2025 to meet the targeted AODA milestone date.
1637791162525.png

With most, if not all, the elevator (and escalator) work on Line 5, Eglinton Crosstown LRT being complete by 2022, the construction workers will shift over to Line 1 and Line 2 to meet the accessibility target of 2025. Except for Islington and Warden.

Back