79     0 
News   Apr 15, 2024
 1K     0 
News   Apr 15, 2024
 2.2K     5 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

Interesting bit from Steve Murno re: Obico:

--- QUOTE---
Line 2 will also require a new carhouse on land that the City of Toronto is acquiring (or may already have bought) southwest of Kipling Station, the old Obico Yard. The plan provides for acquisition and design, but not yet construction which is unfunded.

Updated January 23, 2020: In response to a query about the status of the city’s acquisition of Obico Yard, the TTC replied:
Yes it has already been acquired by the City but the market value assessment is being contested so funds are being secured for potential settlement. We’re also in negotiations to secure a second parcel of land to maintain access to the site. [Email from Stuart Green, Jan. 23/20]
--- END QUOTE ---

So I guess this is a definitive confirmation.

AoD

Andy Byford has resigned from the MTA. Brad Ross, now the City‘s Chief Communications Officer, appears to tease that Andy might be coming back.

I hate to be a party pooper but...

1579810680428.png

If he could make Metrolinx even vauguely functional that would be amazing.

Metrolinx will never be anything more than a political tool as long as it remains under the jurisdiction of the Province of Ontario. Metrolinx’s governance needs to be decentralized and made more independent if it’s to be a genuinely useful organization

Last edited:
I hate to be a party pooper but...

View attachment 227008

Too bad, really.

Aside from the fact I would prefer him as TTC CEO to the current occupant of said office; I also wouldn't mind seeing him either as 'Transportation Czar', an as-yet uncreated job that would see someone be ultimately responsible for TTC & Transportation Services and the Toronto Parking Authority (and Bikeshare). Allowing for a clear-line of accountability and better coordination and cooperation between those parties.

Alternatively, City Manager might be a good fit. His work ethic brought to the entire City bureaucracy.

Back