News   Apr 18, 2024
 663     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 5.8K     1 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 2.4K     4 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

This is one vehicle TTC nor anyone in NA should not buy, as you get one hell of an rough rider unless in its own ROW and that is pushing it.

Since my last trip to to Venice, they have built the from the mainland to it as well expand the mainline system to remove the the buses. There is suppose to be another expansion to the airport to remove those buses as well. They run every 15 minutes,

Since my video camara die in Rome, left with the DSLR's to get any video 's and not great doing so on a pack tram along with the rough ride. I am at the point of scaping the videos that I shoot on the tram after a number of attempts to cut out various poor shooting area caused by the ride and backlog up loading videos.

Alstom STE6 Translohr Tram that runs in mix traffic

TTC hosts virtual information session with focus on women as Transit Operators

Oct. 17, 2022

This Wed., Oct 19, the TTC will host its second “TTC Connects: Women as Transit Operators” virtual information session for 2022. Those interested in learning more about exciting career opportunities at the TTC can register at https://www.ttc.ca/join in advance of the event.

“Through events such as these, we hope to showcase the TTC as a place where women can build a rewarding and fulfilling career,” said TTC CEO Rick Leary. “In 2020, we committed that every four out of 10 new hires for the role of transit operator should identify as a woman. We achieved this goal last year and we intend to continue to work towards the same objective for this year. At the TTC we are working hard to ensure our workforce represents the diversity of the communities we serve.”

The session, which is geared towards hiring women as transit operators, will take place this Wed., from 12 – 1:30 p.m.

The event is open to everyone and will provide an opportunity to hear from TTC women employees about what it’s like to work at the TTC, including personal stories, career advice and information about growth opportunities. Participants will also have the opportunity to ask questions.

The TTC is dedicated to the principles of diversity and inclusion, and encourages participation from all job seekers. Accommodation is available for participants, including those with disabilities. For more information, visit ttc.ca.

We'll have to spend a week hunting for that report on the ttc.ca website when it comes out.

While I certainly agree it should be easy to find; we can't really say whether it will or will not be; but what we can say is that Laurence in my experience is a decent guy, and if you ask him for the link or report, I'm quite sure he would forward it.

I was hopefully for a date for the opening of Line 5 and associated Line 5 Surface Network Changes. Delayed till 2024? :eek:
This is the 2023 plan - the Line 5 stuff was dealt with in previous consultations including the 2020 plan - there's been multiple reviews of the service plan changes over the years.

They've been reporting on the Line 6 changes now for a couple of years as well, in various places.

I think the most recent Line 5 service changes was in the 2022 plan, released in February 2022. Though I have no doubt it will be tweaked again.

1666111553528.png

I think the current plan is for Metrolinx to handover the line to TTC in 2023. Whether or not TTC can finish testing and commissioning by the end of 2023 is an interesting question!

I wouldn't be surprised if they try and keep Line 3 going until the same day Line 5 opens, and do the Line 3 and Line 5 changes at the same time. Presumably the Line 5 opening would free up some vehicles for the Line 3 changes.

It does seem like there is a lot more on those photos from that tweet than what was presented in the ASP posted on the website.

I can see that the 984 extension to Line 6 is completely replaced with a 119 extension. Looks like there will be some changes to the 996 too (can't see what, hand is blocking the way). They seem to be planning a 906 route to connect Line 6 to the Pearson.

There wasn't a York Mills/Leslie area study area last round that extends the 78 to Line 4, splitting the 51 at Line 4 with a new 151 Leslie North route and relooping the 122 to reach York Mills again.

Another slide reads a new study Liberty Village study area by redoing the 29 and 63 terminals. 29/929 will be simplified and avoid the EX grounds. The 63 to head straight to Exhibition Loop and avoid Liberty Village all together.

Then there is another new study area with East Toronto/Southern Scarborough. They want to simplify the 31 to one branch, do something with the 22 (it's cut off) and eliminated the 69 with reorganized 12 branches (not shown on the photos) and 113. The 150 Eastern seems to be on the map.

There seems to be a slide for Southern Etobicoke too with something along Queensway and Park Lawn/Lakeshore area.

Finally the Scarborough RT study extensions haven been reduced. They probably threw a whole bunch of extensions to see whatever will stick well with the public. All those additional service on Nelison are gone from the map. The 39A and 905 extension aren't there anymore. The 902 extension to Steeles and 985C to Malvern seems to have stick.
That Scarborough East study seems to be revised again. The proposed 178 Brimorton just terminates at Morningside wit the 86D staying. There is a 154 Lawrence East route again from Kennedy to UTSC. The 954 express doesn't seem to be touched anymore.
Seems like the 134B permanent detouring route (due to frequent malfunctioning rail gates) is getting killed off with a new 130C branch replacement.

Yeah that seems like quite a bit for an "update".

Last edited:
Yeah that seems like quite a bit for an "update".

Wow - I hadn't realized the images were such high resolution! Good find!

You can zoom into some of those board, and read them! Or even transform them.

Hmm, I wonder why they don't extend the 91 Woodbine that ends near York Mills and Don Mills, so it too has a bit more connectability. Used to be a pain taking it to the Lesmill area and then either walking, or taking a couple more buses a couple of stops each.

1666218663102.png

Wow - I hadn't realized the images were such high resolution! Good find!

You can zoom into some of those board, and read them! Or even transform them.

Hmm, I wonder why they don't extend the 91 Woodbine that ends near York Mills and Don Mills, so it too has a bit more connectability. Used to be a pain taking it to the Lesmill area and then either walking, or taking a couple more buses a couple of stops each.

View attachment 433664
I'm surprised there still hasn't been any movement on extending the 115 to Leslie Station like what was originally intended when Line 4 opened.

Now that I looked at it again, that east-west red line on the Toronto East/Scarborough map might be the 503 not the proposed Eastern bus. It reads 22 Coxwell is confusing so that might mean the end of the 22A extension branch and all day, every day service on the 503. It'll definitely be interesting if the TTC pulls the trigger on this one.

Please, please TTC, don't screw up the Leslie bus!!! As someone who has lived/relied on the affected section north of Sheppard for over 15 years, this 151 proposal sounds utterly asanine. I was really looking forward to Leslie becoming a proper trunk route (from Danforth to Steeles) with the opening of Line 5. Like JSF-1 said, just extend the 115 to Leslie station, and don't screw those of us over north of Sheppard who want the connectivity to Line 2, 4, 5 that we were supposed to get with the new combined route 51/56.

EDIT:
I just spoke with a TTC representative who called the Planning Department and said, not to take these maps very seriously, that they are just proposals at the moment, and should be released for public consultation next week. Keep checking the TTC website.

Last edited:

Back