News   Jul 22, 2024
 452     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 1.4K     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 593     0 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

You can find some op-eds on Karen Stinz and Rob Ford's mangling of the TTC budget, but I haven't read any article on the cuts. If you have links, I'd love to read them.

That's his job. It's like having legal counsel in a way. The third party representation is there to defend the employee.

But the Union also has a responsibility to the other Union members. By defending a poor or incompetent worker, the Union is actually dragging down the reputation of all the hard working union members. I would guess that most union members would actually want harsher discipline.

Its a bit like a NHL suspension hearing. Does the players union help the aggressor or the injured, or the average (relatively) clean and honest player.

This morning:

BucIBRbCQAAOKsl.jpg:large

.. Which would not be fixed by a DRL. It will be fixed by the new signalling system however.

Fixed is probably a strong word. Reduced perhaps.

What TTC is putting in for a signalling system sounds (to me) very complicated with the multiple different layered modes; so I expect it'll have periodic failures as well. Of course, when moving block signalling fails, they'll also be able to fall back to manually driven trains and fixed block mode with the accompanied capacity reduction.

Typical day at B-Y. This is why we need the RL, folks.

On my train on Line 2 (~7:45 am), they announced at Sherbourne that there would be long waits at Bloor and that they recommended St George for downtown transfers. Lots of people got off at Yonge; I went to Bay instead.

Byford's reaction to the rider loading report is apparently to get POP on streetcars as early as January 1 next year. Incredible reaction time compared to the TTC of the past.

Back