News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.4K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 398     0 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

Automatic Train Control (ATC) Project Quarterly Update Report, at this link.

upload_2015-9-23_19-33-59.png

ETTF is short for Engineering Test Track & Training Facility.

Attachments

• upload_2015-9-23_19-33-59.png
    upload_2015-9-23_19-33-59.png
    124.5 KB · Views: 531
Please no. Is there that much subway demand before 8 AM on Sundays?
I don't take 300 BD buses at 6am on Sundays often, but when I do they are packed. The last time I did the driver had to refuse people between Pape and Broadview where I got off to transfer to the 504.

Reactions: PL1
I don't take 300 BD buses at 6am on Sundays often, but when I do they are packed. The last time I did the driver had to refuse people between Pape and Broadview where I got off to transfer to the 504.
I'm surprised. I was on 506 at about 5:30 AM on a Sunday coming from near Main recently, and it was so empty the regulars were greeting each other, and lightening fast. If 300 is that full, I wonder how many would be better off changing to 506 at Main, or just walking south to 506 instead of north to the BD.

I'm surprised. I was on 506 at about 5:30 AM on a Sunday coming from near Main recently, and it was so empty the regulars were greeting each other, and lightening fast. If 300 is that full, I wonder how many would be better off changing to 506 at Main, or just walking south to 506 instead of north to the BD.
At that hour of the morning and given the capriciousness of Nextbus (the accuracy of which TTChelps disclaimed as not their problem when I tweeted a glitch to them one Sunday morning despite the fact the same info is displayed on shelters!) I guess some would rather get further into the city before chancing a transfer.

I don't find much problem with NextBus information boarding at Main (well at Danforth from GO actually - but close enough). Have to keep an eye out for 306 vs 506 ... but I just plot both on a map on my mobile, and you can see exactly where they are, and if any are coming up Gerrard. It's not like they can just disappear once they have turned the corner at Coxwell.

I don't find much problem with NextBus information boarding at Main (well at Danforth from GO actually - but close enough). Have to keep an eye out for 306 vs 506 ... but I just plot both on a map on my mobile, and you can see exactly where they are, and if any are coming up Gerrard. It's not like they can just disappear once they have turned the corner at Coxwell.
I've had some issues with "ghost 300s" that suddenly disappear 2-3 mins out, and the issue I mentioned up thread was where a car was about to leave Broadview on the 505 (which the 504 operator alerted those waiting at Gerrard to) but the display was something like a 15-20 min wait. I've also noticed it finds vehicles coming into service from short turns (Dundas-Parliament) hard to figure out. It beats the hell out of the nothing we had before, of course!

I've also noticed it finds vehicles coming into service from short turns (Dundas-Parliament) hard to figure out. It beats the hell out of the nothing we had before, of course!
There are some tricky spots. One of the advantages of being near the Main loop, is that once it's headed north up Coxwell, there's no where else to go, so you know what's coming.

I'm not sure how people relied on the streetcars to commute before Next Vehicle. I didn't start working downtown until just after it went live; before then my commute was subway and the 25 bus - which was reliable and predictable enough. Though I have to say that 504 has been quite impressive for some months now in rush-hour in terms of reliability - and 506 as well since Labour day. My commute has almost gotten dull - and I'm not getting as much exercise.

Has something like this happened to anyone before?

So I'm taking the 145 Express down Bathurst and at around 5:10 we are stopped by a cop (just us, the bus, and another 145 that was heading northbound) due to filming a scene that was meant to be NYC. All cars were allowed to pass, but the two buses had to wait 15 minutes for the shoot to happen.

I got into an argument with the cop because it is ridiculous to stop a bus with 40 passengers for 15 minutes due to a shoot in the middle of rush hour. It's just inappropriate.

Who could I complain to?

Has something like this happened to anyone before?

So I'm taking the 145 Express down Bathurst and at around 5:10 we are stopped by a cop (just us, the bus, and another 145 that was heading northbound) due to filming a scene that was meant to be NYC. All cars were allowed to pass, but the two buses had to wait 15 minutes for the shoot to happen.

I got into an argument with the cop because it is ridiculous to stop a bus with 40 passengers for 15 minutes due to a shoot in the middle of rush hour. It's just inappropriate.

Who could I complain to?

Brad Ross on Twitter (@bradTTC) and contact your Councillor. Post it on reddit.com/r/toronto. They eat up this kind of stuff up, and the media habitually gets their stories from that website.

Brad Ross on Twitter (@bradTTC) and contact your Councillor. Post it on reddit.com/r/toronto. They eat up this kind of stuff up, and the media habitually gets their stories from that website.

Yes, Reddit seems to be a go-to source for news now. Journalists even go so far as to quote from the comment section (many of which I believe are multi-account trolls).

Believe it or not I don't have Twitter... I'll just email that ward's councillor (Cressy I believe).

Bathurst and what? Bathurst is the dividing line between much of wards 19 and 20 so it could be Joe Cressy or it could be Mike Layton

Back