News   Jun 27, 2024
 333     0 
News   Jun 27, 2024
 623     1 
News   Jun 27, 2024
 398     0 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

Fairly certain this bylaw applies to passengers, not staff. 3.6 says you can't operate a motor vehicle on TTC property, which would be prohibitive for staff.
Steve Munro even published an article about this decades ago.

1719285546747.png

On the agenda for the next NYCC is this item:

An extended queue jump lane for TTC on the northside of Steeles just east of Don Mills Road (westbound direction)

1719323874073.png

1719323922838.png

If approved by Council, this would be delivered in 2025.

An additional report seeks a similar extension of an existing bus lane on Wilson, near Wilson Station:

1719324062366.png

1719324095566.png

1719324116184.png

... was stopped by a supervisor exiting via the streetcar platform onto Erindale.
His issue was that I didn't have permission to exit via the bus bays and had to leave via the station exits...
I've noticed more security people in recent weeks, and I think it's been an improvement. The subway entrance I use most often had been unstaffed for many years, but now routinely has a TTC person standing or sitting there. There seems to be far fewer instances of subway lines being shut down by the meth-enthusiast/mentally unsound individuals climbing onto the tracks and running into the tunnels (and the more temporary delays caused by unspecified "security incidents"). There was a week back in the first part of February when I ran into that happening on four consecutive days.

I've noticed more security people in recent weeks, and I think it's been an improvement. The subway entrance I use most often had been unstaffed for many years, but now routinely has a TTC person standing or sitting there. There seems to be far fewer instances of subway lines being shut down by the meth-enthusiast/mentally unsound individuals climbing onto the tracks and running into the tunnels (or at least temporarily delayed by unspecified "security incidents"). There was a week back in the first of February when I ran into that happening on four consecutive days.

Same here!

A few months ago, there was someone sitting in the Indian Road exit of Keele and the Emerson Avenue exits of Landsdowne regularly.

As much as I like the current gates, it was so much more secure with the previous turnstiles.

The Wilson changes don't make a lot of sense from my experience. West of Wilson Heights the lane is already dedicated to busses and taxis. East to Champlain it also has a dedicated lane.
The real choke point for busses along Wilson is Avenue.

Not to mention the sidewalks were just recently done on this corner, and we'll probably see it redone once the new condos go up on the TTC parking lot.

TTC celebrates Pride with extra service and support for the 2SLGBTQ+ community

Jun. 26, 2024

The TTC is sharing important information for customers attending this weekend’s Pride Toronto Festival. Festival areas and viewing points for the Trans March, Dyke March, and Pride Parade routes are easily accessible by taking the TTC, making transit the fastest, safest, and greenest way to the celebrations.

On Sun., Jun. 30, the TTC will be running extra subway service on Line 1 Yonge-University and Line 2 Bloor-Danforth to accommodate increased demand for the Pride Parade, and additional TTC staff will be deployed to assist customers. Bus and streetcar routes will also be adjusted to accommodate road closures for the various events happening throughout the festival.

A highlight of the weekend will be the specially wrapped all-electric Pride Bus, a symbol of the TTC’s commitment to diversity and inclusion. During Sunday’s Pride Parade, the bus will be joined by up to 250 TTC employees, family, and friends marching in solidarity with the 2SLGBTQ+ community.

The TTC is also opening its Bloor-Yonge Capacity Improvements Project community office at 25 Hayden St. on Sunday between 1 p.m. and 5 p.m. Attendees are encouraged to visit the office to refill their water bottles and learn more about the $1.5 billion expansion and rehabilitation of Bloor-Yonge Station.

Subway

Bloor-Yonge Station is closest to the starting points for the Trans March, Dyke March, and Pride Parade, and accessible to customers on Line 1 Yonge-University and Line 2 Bloor-Danforth.

Most festival areas are located along Line 1, near Wellesley, College, and Dundas Station. Customers who require elevator access should exit the train at Bloor-Yonge, Wellesley, or Dundas Station.

Bus

Starting at 9 a.m. on Fri., Jun. 28, until 7 a.m. on Mon., Jul. 1, the 94 Wellesley route will adjust to run both ways along College St. from Spadina Ave., and on Carlton St. to Jarvis. Customers can expect further adjustments starting Friday evening to accommodate the various Pride events.

During the Trans March, Dyke March, and Pride Parade, the 94 Wellesley will operate separate routes on the west and east sides of Yonge St. The 94A Wellesley will include stops at Ossington Station before turning back at Wellesley St. W., while the 94B Wellesley will run east of Yonge St. to and from Castle Frank Station. The adjusted routes will be in effect at the following times:

• 8 p.m. to 10:30 p.m., Fri., Jun. 28 (Trans March)
• 2 p.m. to 5:30 p.m., Sat., Jun. 29 (Dyke March)
• 12 p.m. to 7 p.m., Sun., Jun. 30, (Pride Parade)

On Sat., Jun. 29, 13 Avenue Road and 19 Bay will divert from 5 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. for the Pride Remembrance Run taking place on Wellesley St. and Queen’s Park Circle.

Streetcar

During Friday’s Trans March and Saturday’s Dyke March, 506 Carlton streetcars will redirect to run along Dundas St., between Bay and Parliament Streets. Replacement buses will operate between Jarvis St. and Broadview Ave. via Carlton and Gerrard Streets.

On Sun., Jun. 30, between 11 a.m. and 7 p.m.:

• 501B Queen replacement buses will be redirected along Richmond and King Streets, between University Ave. and Church St.

• 505 Dundas streetcars will run on a split route. West of Yonge St, streetcars will divert from Dundas St. and run to Bathurst Station via Bathurst St. Replacement buses will run on Dundas St. W. between Bathurst St. and University Ave. East of Yonge St., Dundas streetcars will divert along King St. between Church and Parliament.

• 506 Carlton streetcars will also run a split route. West of Yonge St., streetcars will redirect from College St. at Ossington Ave. and run to Bathurst Station via Dundas and Bathurst. East of Yonge St., streetcars will turn back at Parliament St., with replacement buses operating along Carlton between Parliament and Jarvis.

Wheel-Trans

Wheel-Trans will maintain services, stopping as close as possible to the Pride Toronto Festival zone. Wheel-Trans vehicles will be picking up and dropping off customers at designated locations for easy access. These include:

• 70 Gerrard St. E.
• 90 Charles St. E.
• 99 Maitland St.
• 83 Gloucester St.
• 399 Church St.

For detailed planned diversions during Pride, customers are encouraged to check the Service Advisories page on www.ttc.ca.

The TTC anticipates that many customers will be attending the festivities. Customers are reminded that some streets may be closed at short notice requiring unplanned diversions.

How many times do you think people are attacked with swords on the TTC?

WTF is someone from Ajax going all the way to Toronto to do things like this? Someone needs introduce him to DRT.

WTF is someone from Ajax going all the way to Toronto to do things like this? Someone needs introduce him to DRT.

How many times should riders even think about anyone attacked with swords on the TTC? No, what they need is people causing disruptions to be taken out of circulation from the public transit system - causing far too many delays, to say nothing of safety.

AoD

Last edited:

Even before covid at least 1 operator was assaulted daily, someone was killed this week at Jane, these incidents aren't isolated.

Additionally my biggest gripe is most of the time these aren't "normal people" who had a moment of insanity. These are repeat offenders, out on bail weeks or days after their last assault.

Even before covid at least 1 operator was assaulted daily, someone was killed this week at Jane, these incidents aren't isolated.

Additionally my biggest gripe is most of the time these aren't "normal people" who had a moment of insanity. These are repeat offenders, out on bail weeks or days after their last assault.
Yeah, but this isn't the first time someone from Ajax came into the 6 recently to do degeneracy.

Back