1.4K     0 
News   May 17, 2024
 852     2 
News   May 17, 2024
 7.2K     7 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

Shuttle train on line1 is such a mess
While on a southbound train approaching Wilson

Operator announcement "This train will turn around at Wilson to be a northbound train"

Staff on platform "This is southbound train"!!!

Train destination sign "Vaughan"

Operator announcement "This is a northbound train"

Figured the staff on the platform were wrong so I stayed on the platform, but then of course the train continued south.

While on a southbound train approaching Wilson

Operator announcement "This train will turn around at Wilson to be a northbound train"

Train destination sign "Vaughan"

Operator announcement "This is a northbound train"

Figured the staff on the platform were wrong so I stayed on the platform, but then of course the train continued south.
I remember being at st george with no closures and instead of the line 2 for kipling announcement the train said OUT OF SERVICE (out loud and on the screen I believe) Everyone just boarded and of course the train was not out of service..

Next round of TTC service improvements announced.

Changes effective May 12th, (next Sunday)

Routes affected:

1715103056394.png

I await the details as the service summary isn't up yet.

That's not a service improvements list. It includes 92 which is getting a substantial cut, pretty much in all periods!

The mayor held a press conference billing it as such, please feel free to email her w/your complaint. LOL

The majority of the non-construction diversion changes are improvements, but many quite modest, reducing headways by less 1M . Which was my point. The presser made it sound better than it is.

Notable also, no subway improvements at all.

That's exactly what I was just about to make note of. While there are certainly cases where there are some improvements (ie: Service on the 95B York Mills having service hours extended); a lot of this is just service reallocation, or service being temporarily increased due to vehicle storage constraints (ie: 301 Queen).

The fact that they still wont improve service on either Line 1 or Line 2 is a joke. During the mid-day periods its common to see trains on both lines being crammed due to inadequate headways, and dont even get me started on the early afternoon rush-hour where service is a joke and trains on both lines are packed to capacity.

So in saying all that, when is Rick Leary going to be fired?

Stolen from Reddit but the condition of a lot of the tracks are terrible, this is the 506 but even the 501 has some terrible section despite being closed for what like 5+ years?

501 (my photo)
1715096145809.png

506 from reddit:

1715125266758.png

1715125293871.png

Reactions: max

Back