News   Jul 02, 2024
 507     0 
News   Jul 02, 2024
 1.9K     0 
News   Jul 02, 2024
 656     0 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

Ridership has still not recovered from the pandemic afaik. Which tracks with the times I've taken the TTC since, far less people than usual.
Last Sunday night my daughter took the subway from Vaughan to Queens Park. She sent me a photo of the station in Vaughan and there wasn’t another person anywhere. Just a hugely massive, expensive station with nobody.

Last Sunday night my daughter took the subway from Vaughan to Queens Park. She sent me a photo of the station in Vaughan and there wasn’t another person anywhere. Just a hugely massive, expensive station with nobody.
That's not my experience at Vaughan. Looking at the 2022 ridership, Vaughan is 21,186 a day. That's almost the same as Dundas West, and more than Coxwell, Woodbine, Museum, Warden, Lansdowne, Jane, and other stations.

Mind you, I've seen Kennedy look abandoned - because the train is already in the station, and people are on it, waiting to leave.

July 10
Eglinton
Very short distance to the crossover from here now
53039844074_53eab047a7_b.jpg

53039072187_9616df2ab9_b.jpg

53040045115_70cb3e5dd5_b.jpg

53039072237_cb64e81558_b.jpg

That a long way to the south end now from the north end
53039844149_2d5981c035_b.jpg

Bloor
They need to get rid of the remaining slats
53040144278_de66e1bb3e_b.jpg

Last edited:
Should go to the 407 station and see the same thing

That's not my experience at Vaughan. Looking at the 2022 ridership, Vaughan is 21,186 a day. That's almost the same as Dundas West, and more than Coxwell, Woodbine, Museum, Warden, Lansdowne, Jane, and other stations.

Mind you, I've seen Kennedy look abandoned - because the train is already in the station, and people are on it, waiting to leave.

Should go to the 407 station and see the same thing
I take the north end of line 1 during peak a few times a week and it's usually pretty busy. There is the occasional lighter day when only about 3/4 of the seats are occupied.

Hmmm. I remember the days when the University line was empty on weekends, so much so that it was shut down at times to save money.
Does that mean we shouldn't have built it?
If you find the TYSSE stations empty... just plant the seeds in your brain for when you tell your grandchildren about "the good old days".

- Paul

I would argue that they need to restore the missing slats. :)
Too much labour time and cost to remove, store, clean and replace. Then they do not match the rest of them, They also catch and hold break dust. One reason they are not over Line 1 track anymore after testing the first train with dust flying everywhere..

I would argue that they need to restore the missing slats. :)

I would agree, but would add, those slats are not in the new design.......and the station will be an unholy mess by late next year I would think......

The TTC probably decided to ignore it. I have a feeling it was more of an issue for Nova Bus having the blue lights on during delivery and of course to show that they took action on their part.

So it was up to the TTC to take action. They obviously never replaced the blue lights on the existing fleet, and the New Flyer hybrids came with blue lights. So probably for consistency's sake, they'll swap out the white lights on the Nova Bus hybrids for blue ones.

Hmmm. I remember the days when the University line was empty on weekends, so much so that it was shut down at times to save money.
Does that mean we shouldn't have built it?
If you find the TYSSE stations empty... just plant the seeds in your brain for when you tell your grandchildren about "the good old days".

- Paul
I'm all in on closing the TYSSE extension on weekends to save money. Thanks for the excellent suggestion!

Back