News   Apr 26, 2024
 224     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 709     0 

TTC moving headquarters

taal

Member Bio
Reaction score
On CTV news tonight, actually 2 minutes ago to be exact, there was mention of a press release, or something along those lines, this Thursday in regards to the TTC moving it's headquarters. Apparently they need more space and want to consolidate.

Not sure if anyone has any more information regarding this.

Where? Hillcrest?

No clue but I'm guessing we'll be seeing a new office conversion on our hands soon now ... this and the impreail oil office building on St. Clair ... kinda sad.

Would Davisville make a good residential conversion? Is it disruptive to be living on top of those service tracks?

As for Smitherman, why doesn't he consider that maybe there is a lot of money to be made by selling these properties?

Yea, I really dislike anyone that takes such a one sided stand on an issue without knowing much if anything regarding it.

But you know what ... that seems like the sort of thing he just said in a much larger context - meh, I can hope ... I'm going to miss Miller.

Ha! "At least a couple of locations have already been considered and eliminated, including a building near St. Clair and Avenue Road."
Are they possibly referring to the old imperial oil office building here? There's nothing else on St Clair with that amount of square footage ... although I'm not really sure how much larger that building is then this one - the one on St. Clair is about 400,000 sqft.

This is an old topic and has been in plans for the last few years. The building on St Clair/Avenue might be the Ministry of Environment....but you never heard it from me :rolleyes:

they are moving to mississauga or brampton hahahahaha..... where there is no miller tax lol.....

The building on St Clair/Avenue might be the Ministry of Environment....but you never heard it from me :rolleyes:
Hmm ... and where might the Ministry of Environment staff be going; currently they are split between their St. Clair location and their Finch location.

Would Davisville make a good residential conversion? Is it disruptive to be living on top of those service tracks?

Between (among?) the outdoor subway station below the building, the subway yard behind it, the endless stream of buses that go through the main floor of it, and Yonge Street in front of it, I would be very hesitant to move in there unless it was really cheap.

EDIT: On the other hand, you would be convenient to the subway

This is an old topic and has been in plans for the last few years. The building on St Clair/Avenue might be the Ministry of Environment....but you never heard it from me :rolleyes:

It's a nice looking building! Like many on St. Clair.
That makes sense though ... although no idea where they'd move ...

But the press release stated that idea was scrapped anyway.

Do they occupy the entire building as far as your aware, last few times I was looking at office leasing in the area I don't recalling anything being available in that building.

Where? Hillcrest?

As mentioned in the other post from The Star, they are apparently looking at a new building at Yonge/York Mills/Wilson, supposedly where a parking lot currently exists.

Local residents are not too happy with the request to change the zoning to allow a higher building than currently permitted (6 or 8 stories seems to ring a bell).

Yea, I really dislike anyone that takes such a one sided stand on an issue without knowing much if anything regarding it.

I agree, I detest this sort of posturing from politicians. "People have been complaining about the TTC lately... maybe I'll take a shot at it and score some points!"... no actual consideration or knowledge of the issue.

There has been talk about covering up Davisville Yard and building condos,office space above the yard. Also not sure if present TTC headquarters might fall under as a historic building so it can not be touched or modified

I'd be interested to see how many management employees the TTC has now compared with 1989. They move the exact same number of riders with basically the same infrastructure.

The management numbers have gone up while union jobs have actually gone down. In Harvey Shop for every 3 workers there is a Foreperson, these guys are tripping over themselves trying to catch workers doing something wrong so they can justify their jobs. About 10 years ago we only had around 10 Engineers in subways, now we have over 60 of them making over $100K a year....and in my opinion they are useless

Back