News   Apr 24, 2024
 242     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 480     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 477     0 

Danforth Line 2 Scarborough Subway Extension

s

I'm not talking about the Scarborough subway. I'm talking about all this pipe dream subways on Sheppard going east and west and subways to Sherway Gardens which are pet projects being pushed by councilors for those areas. We've seen this before, nothing new.

I somewhat agree as we know these concepts are on the backburner to the DRL & Eglinton X-town. Which means decades likely.. Tough to get Sheppard residents to approve an LRT that forces an extra transfer but even I would be content with the subway to SCC and an LRT loop. A good option would have been to convert the stubway into LRT and connect it along Sheppard to Finch west.

I won't be surprised if we get another council debate about this.
I understand that they need 2/3 vote to reverse a decision, but can they instead ask for an elevated (mini) metro (i.e. subway) to follow a completely different alignment (i.e. Gatineau hydro corridor to Don Valley and downtown)

Sorry Scarborough, you lose.

This is the closest thing to victory in Scarborough for decades. We are finally heading towards a solid footprint for the future instead of a Band-Aid solution. The LRT Across Eglinton to UTSC (most likely Malvern) will get funded due to its Political nature and is a great line. Unfortunately Sheppard needs to reviewed due to the LRT integration faux-pas. But whatever happens on Sheppard will just be the icing on the cake to complete the network. Scarborough could now be headed toward a fantastic network. Don't forget the Scarborough-Durham BRT from STC across Centennial College and some possible GO/RER even too..

And....It WONT be a one stop subway stop as many of you wanted to debate this absurd alignment. It will thankfully be revised & stops will be added. Seems like Tory has the ship in the right direction. Time to work together going forward.

Sorry Scarborough, you lose.

Says you. I don't think either plan was as bad as opponents portrayed them to be.

I'd be curious to see if the parking lots around Kennedy and Warden can be freed up for development. Also interested in seeing a new integrated station at SC with GO, inner-city and TTC bus service. Also interested in seeing Keesmat's plans for the area. SCC could be revitalized like MCC or NYCC.

Says you. I don't think either plan was as bad as opponents portrayed them to be.

I'd be curious to see if the parking lots around Kennedy and Warden can be freed up for development. Also interested in seeing a new integrated station at SC with GO, inner-city and TTC bus service. Also interested in seeing Keesmat's plans for the area. SCC could be revitalized like MCC or NYCC.

Keesmat 4 Mayor. Tory has withstood the far Left assault like a Boss.. But she really seems to get the new urban-suburban concept and seems very intelligent & reasonable as well.

It was mentioned today that NYCC has seen hardly any development over several decades. So I'm not sure if NYCC is as successful as we've (including myself) have made it out to be.
There's the recession at the beginning of those several decades. Then comes amalgamation. Suddenly it has to compete with downtown Toronto (advantage: location), and also the 905s (advantage: cost) for employment gains. It's doing well if we're taking those into consideration.

There's the recession at the beginning of those several decades. Then comes amalgamation. Suddenly it has to compete with downtown Toronto (advantage: location), and also the 905s (advantage: cost) for employment gains. It's doing well if we're taking those into consideration.

Its doing fine. We need to adapt and be more competitive to attract business from the 905 with tax breaks in our suburbs. But when I look at NYCC compared to any other area outside of DT I would say its a very desirable place to invest.

Back