News   Jul 26, 2024
 203     0 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 697     1 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 592     1 

TTC is awful. Just got back from a 4 month trip to Europe.

Bull ... have you been to London?

The stations are dirtier, the subways are dirtier, if you think the TTC has problems they have daily closures ... in their favour though, a daily closer in London is OK seeing all the alternate lines they have.
Funny thing ... the last time I was in London, I also spent a few days in Paris; the state of repair and cleaniness in the Paris metro, and particularily the RER makes the London tube look pretty good. And the tube is looking a lot better than it did a few years ago.

Comparing the TTC, to the Tube, the Paris RER, and the New York subway, it doesn't seem particularly worse in cleaniness ... and ofter better; I've never smelled the things in Toronto that I've smelled in New York.

Funny thing ... the last time I was in London, I also spent a few days in Paris; the state of repair and cleaniness in the Paris metro, and particularily the RER makes the London tube look pretty good. And the tube is looking a lot better than it did a few years ago.

Comparing the TTC, to the Tube, the Paris RER, and the New York subway, it doesn't seem particularly worse in cleaniness ... and ofter better; I've never smelled the things in Toronto that I've smelled in New York.

To be fair, I haven't been to London in a few years so my sentiments may be a bit old. But I am returning this Christmas, so I'll post an update : )

From my previous experience though it's 100% dirtier!

NYC I can comment on - the difference with NYC is it has so many extremes - not so much in the way of perfectly clean stations, but stations comparable to the TTC and some maybe a bit cleaner but some that are absolutely appalling.

Back