News   Apr 23, 2024
 1.5K     5 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 525     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 1.3K     0 

TTC has got to be the worst public transit in all of developed countries!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even though I would love to bash TTC much as I want to, I must say that it is our responsibilities too, to prop up the largest transit system in Canada. There are so much things owed to TTC which people do not really notice. Diversity of neighbourhoods in T.O., various landmarks and other monuments of developments in T.O. are all owed to TTC. The fare raise isn't bad as here in Sauga (will like to be raised after 2010) or YRT; even though I want to flame at Giambrone for unacceptably slow process in revitalizing the transit, be assure that the transit is really heading into brighter future. So haters really need to fall back.

Wanna compare TTC to other world transit systems? The only transit systems that are light years ahead are the Asian cities. Don't use European systems as a role model, in fact their farebox recovery rate is below par of T.O.. Surprising? Once in London, I would love to see haters pester more about their overpriced fares; or try NYC, which is filthier literally than TTC (I must admit though even though I praise NYC subway more than here). Don't even mention Austin and PHX, two notorious cities in America for lowest farebox recovery rate.

I think the United States is a developed country and Philadelphia, Detroit, Boston, Miami, Tampa, Dallas, Houston, Phoenix, Seattle, Los Angeles, Kansas City, Pittsburgh, etc all have worse transit systems. The TTC is one of the best in North America. It is hard to have both the transit of Europe and the tax regime and car culture of the United States.

I think the United States is a developed country and Philadelphia, Detroit, Boston, Miami, Tampa, Dallas, Houston, Phoenix, Seattle, Los Angeles, Kansas City, Pittsburgh, etc all have worse transit systems. The TTC is one of the best in North America. It is hard to have both the transit of Europe and the tax regime and car culture of the United States.

Its god awful, but they are improving, at least. TTC still has lower notches than NYC, but better experience than the latter overall. The transit of Europe is not fantastic as I expected to qualify as an excellent system: clean subway/train stocks, advanced fare system (look up MTR or Tokyo Metro), comprehensive network throughout the region (soon to be Beijing) and visually appreciative, hassle-free transit informations (Seoul/Korail). Plus, safety features, accessible to mobility-disabled throughout the network and arrival/departure intervals must be well maintained (opposite of NYC subway).

don't you tell me to travel boy, been to over 20 countries, worked in 5, lived in 3.

And yes by all comparison, TTC is the worst. you comparing the tube and TTC, are you sane? the tube network is like 10X bigger than TTC, and yet the service is still better

Sorry, but your hysterical response here hardly stands in for factual reasoned proof for the TTC being the worst transit system in all "developed" countries.

If you have travelled so extensively as you have claimed to, you would know better regarding the TTC and its versatility. It may not be the "best," but it is hardly the worst transit system to be found in all developed countries.

A more interesting thread would focus on specific deficiencies, and how the TTC could reasonably address them.

Sorry, but your hysterical response here hardly stands in for factual reasoned proof for the TTC being the worst transit system in all "developed" countries.

If you have travelled so extensively as you have claimed to, you would know better regarding the TTC and its versatility. It may not be the "best," but it is hardly the worst transit system to be found in all developed countries.

A more interesting thread would focus on specific deficiencies, and how the TTC could reasonably address them.

ugh how bout there are too many to name?

- frequent delays in rush hours
- overcrowded
- dirty cars, dirty stations
- rude, un-professional staff. To people who actually pay their salary they should've been more polite
- strikes/ threats of strike almost every single year even after price hike
- high price for a such horrible service

if your guys attitude is as forgiving as this, we will never get see an improvement in TTC.

- overcrowded
- rude, un-professional staff. To people who actually pay their salary they should've been more polite

if your guys attitude is as forgiving as this, we will never get see an improvement in TTC.

- frequent delays in rush hours (# of delays: TTC > NYC)
- overcrowded. (huh? see this for details.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4yhlubgDDM)
-dirty cars, dirty stations (London has lots of dirty, old stations too, not to mention ugly cars. It will take too long before the stocks are replaced with modern fleet.)
- rude, un-professional staff. To people who actually pay their salary they should've been more polite (Move into Japan if that is your serious issue. Even Paris has deez problems, and its system is larger than TTC)
- strikes/ threats of strike almost every single year even after price hike (TTC strike is like little friggin kids fighting for some stupid sweets. A real strike or protest is from here [and I am ashamed to show this]
http://www.who-sucks.com/people/the-exciting-world-of-south-korean-protests)
- high price for a such horrible service (enough said.)

How about one of the most underfunded in all developed countries?

Well then, privatize TTC! I don't even know why City of Toronto decided to declare TTC an essential service! Seriously, look at the success of Hong Kong MTR, and that should tell ya.

That complaint should not go to TTC. Federal and Provincial crooks are to handle this situation (yet Quebec is working on extending MTL's metro; and Vancouver's Canada Line was supported by both levels of gov.t for preparing the Games). Sooner though, they will have to carry burden for TTC when Pan Am is hosted in T.O.

Last edited:

- overcrowded

Ever relied on the London Tube to get to work?

Worst transit system in all of the developed nations? It's not even the worst transit system in the GTA.

I don't think we need to tell them the facts that TTC isn't too bad at all. Let's stop feeding this troll. We've done enough to keep him speechless.

yes, i have... but considering the tube network is more massive, London is much bigger than Toronto, in area as well as in population (plus tourists) the tube is better than TTC

Being bigger doesn't always mean better. Sigh.

what are you guys?! union-hugger liberals?

I am only a 20 year old moderate-paleoconservative guy who is impartial to unions. I am just being patient at looking progress how TTC is doing. You haven't seen TTC's long term plan regarding to transit development.

andrejeffy:

what are you guys?! union-hugger liberals?

Do you use that line for anyone who doesn't agree with what you're saying?

yes, i have... but considering the tube network is more massive, London is much bigger than Toronto, in area as well as in population (plus tourists) the tube is better than TTC

I suppose those maddening delays won't matter if you're commuting in London, eh? Besides, you said it yourself - London is much bigger than Toronto, as well as in population - doesn't it make sense for that city to have a more extensive system? Duh? God why am I responding to a foot-stomping 5 year old?

AoD

And yes, this thread is pointless - thus closed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back