News   Apr 26, 2024
 975     3 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 268     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 784     0 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

4556 is tracking
4557 was off loaded today
4408 was loaded onto 4557 flat to be ship to La Pocatiere, QC

4555 Has enter service on 501 After arriving On June 12

4556 been out testing all night

Well!!! thats a real improvement, but still short and years late.

"The MDBF for the LFLRV Fleet in May was 27,936 kilometers. This is an increase of 10,098 kilometers compared to the same time last year and an increase of 15,616 kilometers compared to last month. The overall LFLRV MDBF remains below the 35,000-kilometre target. Analysis In May there were 23 delay incidents. The number of delays attributed to the braking equipment, which was the worst-performing system, decreased by 50% with the implementation of additional preservice inspection scope. The number of delays attributed to the other poor-performing systems (doors, train control management, communication systems, pantograph) have remained steady. Action plan We continue to work closely with Bombardier and have developed various vehicle modification programs to help improve the reliability of the vehicles. Door system: Design and component improvements (e.g. installation setup, guide channels, and end-stops) have been implemented on the fleet and a wire chain retrofit is underway. Brake system: Quality control containment and improvements have been implemented at supplier sites. Component improvements (e.g. seals, guidance shaft and locking pins) are in validation and planning stages with implementation targeted for Q4 2019. Pantograph: Technical staff are closely monitoring pantographrelated failures as engineering investigations continue with Bombardier. These reliability improvement programs continue to be refined as more operational data becomes available with the increased use of the vehicles and an increasing fleet size."

^Back at the Crosstown Open Doors event, they had the door apparatus for one of their Flexities open and on view.

I'm not an engineer, but this just looked.....flimsy.

Of course, the belts in my car motor certainly hold up well, so I suppose these would also.

- Paul
20190525 Mind the Doors.jpg

4557 is not only tracking, its at Roncesvalles Yard

4556 out in Mimico testing

Still don't see all cars here by year end as schedule.

^Back at the Crosstown Open Doors event, they had the door apparatus for one of their Flexities open and on view.

Of course, the belts in my car motor certainly hold up well, so I suppose these would also.

- Paul
View attachment 193124

The final drive on my motorcycle is belt and they last for pretty much ever. That seems like a long run without an idler or something but also not an engineer.

- Paul
View attachment 193124

It's an off-the-shelf set of components that have been used in quite literally tens-of-thousands of streetcars around the world for more than 20 years. While Bombardier has had issues integrating them into the cars, in the long run they're about the last thing that we should have to worry about.

Dan

An additional order of 60 to 100 new streetcars are opposed by the suburban, anti-transit, automobile-addicted Councillors.

The issue is currently presented as convert to buses or order more streetcars.

Present the issue as convert Dundas & Queen to ROWs like King or order 100 more vehicles, and you'll see that defer at all costs line of thinking change. Those in the media could encourage that pairing.

Back