News   Apr 26, 2024
 330     1 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 187     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 644     0 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

That had to be the longest delivery trip yet......they shipped it on March 12th!

https://twitter.com/BombardierRail/status/841026412119244805

10 days to get from Thunder Bay to Toronto?

Well, included in that is the wait-for-unloading and wait-for-PR-to-write-the-Tweet time. But just like when you hit every red light in your car, this one was released at just the right time for the local pickup and delivery moves to mis-align perfectly.

There's another load in the offing at T Bay already. And, ML test car # 2 would likely be on the move if it were not for all the injunction silliness.

- Paul

That's the plan starting with 510 Spadina and 509 Exhibition. I also believe that 512 St Clair and parts of 511 and 501 and 504 are ready for them too.
Having part of a route OK for pantographs is not good enough, part of King is certainly not yet completed (King/Church, King/York, King/Parliament in particular) and one also needs to have diversion routes converted too. Pantographs still cannot be used on many of the 'junctions' but the TTC is moving fairly fast to get them all done and as BBD is not going to get the 60th car here for quite a while I suspect that by the time the 60th car arrives it could operate everywhere and will be panto-only.

Having part of a route OK for pantographs is not good enough, part of King is certainly not yet completed (King/Church, King/York, King/Parliament in particular) and one also needs to have diversion routes converted too. Pantographs still cannot be used on many of the 'junctions' but the TTC is moving fairly fast to get them all done and as BBD is not going to get the 60th car here for quite a while I suspect that by the time the 60th car arrives it could operate everywhere and will be panto-only.
My understanding was that TTC had actually cut back the pace of rewiring as a cost saving exercise, given the delay in the presumed delivery date of car #60?

Back