News   Apr 25, 2024
 10     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 313     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.2K     1 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

I hacked together a quick page today to make it super easy to quickly check which of the 4500 series cars are tracking. Maybe someone other than myself will get some use out of it. https://www.jameskoole.com/flexity/

I'm showing the car number, time since the last update, and also the route the vehicle is on which reveals testing vs. in service. There's also map links for OpenStreetMaps and Apple Maps. Google Maps coming soon...

I have to say, I quite like this....

4513 sitting at the front of track 12 or 14 and it could be waiting for testing or more service.

4514 & 4515 out for testing on 509

Nothing yet on 4516

Guessing 4513 will enter service tomorrow.
Thats hard to say where it sitting, as these are service tracks for cars to be service and don't think it done its full testing. It has been more off line GPS wise than testing wise. Will not be the first car to enter service at this location. Monday will tell us, considering it been here 10 days so far.

4514 on 501 as in service test, currently westbound on Queen past Jarvis. Also, 4513 could enter service tomorrow.
Considering where it sitting on track 11, highly doubt it will enter service Tuesday. Looks like a problem car, as it was in the service bay early today.

4572 off loaded today. Next one will be 4517 when it show up this week.

Well, when will 4513 enter service?
Cool it, I don't work for TTC and only can guess what going on from what I am seeing and have seen in the past.

No one connected to TTC has posted info why cars are having problems during testing nor say when they will see service. It could be another 4508 car.

When they go into service is when they are ready.

Cool it, I don't work for TTC and only can guess what going on from what I am seeing and have seen in the past.

No one connected to TTC has posted info why cars are having problems during testing nor say when they will see service. It could be another 4508 car.

I apologize, but I do hope it is soon.

4572 is heading to Leslie Barns under its own power. Just saw it go through Broadview and Queen.
8AD5A872-AA0B-4E4F-A586-01191C52BA0B.jpeg

Also, 4514 will likely go out for more testing today, considering what we saw yesterday.

I did some updates to my little tool that quickly tracks certain Flexity cars. https://www.jameskoole.com/flexity/

New:
- better mobile support for viewing on tablets and phones.
- added a few "interesting" cars to the list including the flood damaged cars, the cars that went back for welding, and a few other ones.

I'll take feature requests (within reason) and additions of cars if there are any other interesting ones to keep an eye on. Also, I have 4486 as being out because of an accident, but I can't find any proof of that. If anyone knows for sure why that car hasn't been seen in nine days, I'll update the list.

4516 is now tracking. Looks like 4513 is a problem car, with 4514 most likely entering service before it.

4516 is out in Long Branch testing.

4515 is on Bathurst St heading to St Clair

Looks like 4513 could see service on Wed as it sitting on track 17 in the yard.

Back