News   Apr 26, 2024
 80     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 143     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 565     0 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

There's another problem with running streetcar service on bathurst on a regular basis from Bathurst station to St. Clair and that's the arrangements of the switches on St. Clair the Northbound one heads into St Clair West where as the southern one comes off of a side street a little further west, but is only approachable from the west. Because of the arrangements streetcars would have to run from Bathurst North to St, Clair West loop around and head west and the proceed to the next loop west before heading back south gain.
Bathurst-St Clair West looks like it has NB>WB and NB>EB curves on street view. What am I missing? Surely the arrangement you describe would make getting 512 service going in the morning very cumbersome, and the same at end of day as all cars would have to turn west of Vaughan Road to head for the barn.

Bathurst-St Clair West looks like it has NB>WB and NB>EB curves on street view. What am I missing? Surely the arrangement you describe would make getting 512 service going in the morning very cumbersome, and the same at end of day as all cars would have to turn west of Vaughan Road to head for the barn.

There are southbound curves from both directions at Vaughan Road, you're not missing anything, Streetcars would not have to turn around and backtrack to head south after leaving St Clair West Station.

Too cruel.
To be clear to you and @EastYorkTTCFan and anyone else reading....it was not meant to be cruel...and if it came across that way I apologize.....it was meant to be humorous/tongue-in-cheek....we are all prone to make mistakes/typos...but sometimes his are a bit of an adventure......I always assumed it was quick typing on a small device combined with over aggressive auto-correct.

There are southbound curves from both directions at Vaughan Road, you're not missing anything, Streetcars would not have to turn around and backtrack to head south after leaving St Clair West Station.
My bad I just haven't really noticed them as I don't usually get up there that often. Speaking of Bathurst are the Flexs only on Bathurst on weekds or have they been on them during the week?

June 03
Enjoy unedited
4437 pass me on St Clair about 6 pm today as I was finishing a photo shot. Go 2 rear end shots. Since my 512 would be following 4427, try to figure what stop I need to get off to take photos of it going eastbound. Did the shooting at Lansdowne stop.
34237272684_011f44fea9_b.jpg

34693862000_54c354cc48_b.jpg

Last edited:
I'm just curious what poel seem to think will happen if Bombardier fails to deliver the new streetcars on time. Do they think that another company will start up a production line right away and start delivering them to the TTC the next month? I can understand the average citizen not understanding how the process for ordering transit vehicle goes about but the poel on her must have some understanding of it by now.

I'm just curious what poel seem to think will happen if Bombardier fails to deliver the new streetcars on time. Do they think that another company will start up a production line right away and start delivering them to the TTC the next month? I can understand the average citizen not understanding how the process for ordering transit vehicle goes about but the poel on her must have some understanding of it by now.

I don't know why the TTC doesn't just buy new streetcars at Walmart the way everyone else does.

TTC 4438 is on its way. Here it is sitting outside the gate of the Bombardier plant in Thunder Bay this morning, Saturday, June 10th, 2017. It is waiting for the CP local switcher to transfer it downtown to "E" yard, where it will be staged for pickup by train 420. Bryan Martyniuk photo with permission.
cr ttc4438-2.jpg

Attachments

• cr ttc4438-2.jpg
    cr ttc4438-2.jpg
    409.3 KB · Views: 359
4439 shouldn't be too far behind. Saw a picture of it on instagram undergoing water testing.

Amphibious streetcars! Outstanding! Given the weather this spring we should put propellers and rudders on them.

Maybe Bombardier has finally found its corporate backbone and is doing right by the TTC!

Back