News   Jul 15, 2024
 111     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 504     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 606     1 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

Hopefully more and more flexities will give 509 and 510 some relief. POP & all door boarding seems to have helped.

I think the current plan is to have them all run on those two lines until they are the only streetcars on them and once more come in they will branch out to the other routes. Anyone have an idea what the next rout to see them in service is?

I was on one of them the other day and the driver was making announcements at the stops to let people know to purchase their fare at the machines in the middle of the streetcar. I'm guessing they are either being told to do that or getting tried of customers only boarding at the front doors.

I think the current plan is to have them all run on those two lines until they are the only streetcars on them and once more come in they will branch out to the other routes. Anyone have an idea what the next rout to see them in service is?
That was supposed to happen to 510 last fall, and early 2015 for 509 and then 511. A year later, Aug 31 will still not see the 2014 plan, but will by the end of 2015 hopeful.

...if we get the numbers of new streetcars as expected for the rest of the year, 2015.
By rights, 509 & 510 ""SHOULD"" be 100% new cars by year end. 511 may see a car or 2 this fall, but will be 100% in 2015.

I know TTC has talked about having mix lines to get cars on the various lines, not sure if that still the plan today. Getting cars has to happen before any roll out plan will work.

Should see 4410 at Hillcrest on Tuesday if CP follows the last batch of delivery, considering we don't know if it been pickup yet. Little slow in picking it up.

Now to get King overhead converted so pans can be use on 509 & 510

Maybe car 4445 will be the last car to received poles if TTC on schedule for conversion of overhead.

Last edited:
Should see 4410 at Hillcrest on Tuesday if CP follows the last batch of delivery, considering we don't know if it been pickup yet. Little slow in picking it up.
It seems to be parked in White River right now. So I wouldn't expect it to arrive in the yard in Toronto until Wednesday at this rate.[/QUOTE]

Wrong 4410.
img520-tif.jpg

It's from Chicago in October 1956.

It seems to be parked in White River right now. So I wouldn't expect it to arrive in the yard in Toronto until Wednesday at this rate.
[/QUOTE]
Whats a day considering the mess things are in in the first place.

It also puts it into the yard in for Aug 23-28 time frame I call for a short time ago.

Must be a slow need for switching in TB to take over a week to get here after being call for the pickup.

It would be nice to have the Flexities actually running on Bathurst by the winter.
I don't actually think there's a chance of that. I can't find the numbers upthread, but they still need quite a few more to fully convert 510 and 509. I think it's something like 15 or 20 more.

Back