807     0 
News   Aug 01, 2024
 568     0 

TTC: Electric and alternative fuel buses

TTC LFSe+ 6601
IMG_4763.jpeg
IMG_4764.jpeg
IMG_4758.jpeg

It's very interesting to see this from across the pond - some bus manufacturers here are going from strength to strength with the growth in BEB and FCEB in Europe.

But when London's fleet is nearly 9,000 buses (about 1,400 now electric), Paris is around 5,000 ... it's just a completely different level of numerical scale, where only New York can compete. The protectionist mindset in both Canada and the States doesn't help either - definitely drives up cost and lowers quality.

I also find it interesting that manufacturers are fighting back against Yutong/BYD/others by simply using their batteries in their existing bus designs. Alexander Dennis with a BYD battery pack was much more reliable than a BYD built bus...
(Toyota and Ballard are also trying to do the same with fuel cells - Toyota now owns a Portuguese bus manufacturer!)
Finally found a source for something I wanted to include - Alexander Dennis' new Enviro400EV double decker will have a 14 year / 1 million km battery warranty, allowing it to cover two consecutive TfL bus contracts of 7 years. Capacity of 87 with 472kWh batteries (range of 418 km), or 96 with 354kWh batteries (range of 313 km).

Finally found a source for something I wanted to include - Alexander Dennis' new Enviro400EV double decker will have a 14 year / 1 million km battery warranty, allowing it to cover two consecutive TfL bus contracts of 7 years. Capacity of 87 with 472kWh batteries (range of 418 km), or 96 with 354kWh batteries (range of 313 km).
Anyone can put a warranty on anything for any amount of years/kms. But if it's in the shop half the time for warranty work there is really no point.

Do you see the GO electric bus fleet in service? Have they been in service? I haven't seen them since the pilot project was launched.

Anyone can put a warranty on anything for any amount of years/kms. But if it's in the shop half the time for warranty work there is really no point.

Do you see the GO electric bus fleet in service? Have they been in service? I haven't seen them since the pilot project was launched.
Well quite!

Back