News   Jun 26, 2024
 142     0 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 1.6K     1 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 1.1K     0 

TTC: Customer Service

Hello forum members,

I didn't know where to put this so thought I'd raise my question here. I'm trying to get to the Dixon Road and Atwell Dr area for a meeting at 6:00 pm on Monday. I will be coming from Mississauga and taking the 57 Courtneypark bus to Renforth Dr and Convair. I'll get there around 5:30ish. I need to connect with 112 West Mall to complete my journey. However the schedules up on ttc.ca state that there's no 112 service north of Eglinton after 1:00 pm. Is this true? I'm really in a hurry to get to my appointment, otherwise I'd connect with 7 Airport to Dixon and walk the rest of the way.

Please if anyone knows the 112 schedule well (like what's the frequency of service) and can help me find it it'd be much appreciated. Thanks.

Did you try the TTC trip planner?

I did.

It suggests you board at Convair/Renforth, taking the 112C northbound @5:44pm, exit @ Skyway & Dixon and walk 62m to the corner of Atwell/Dixon.

This puts you at the corner of said streets @ 5:55pm or so (allowing 2m walk).

The previous departure is 5:28pm, and puts you there at around 5:38pm.

Double check the site yourself to be sure.

http://www.ttc.ca/Trip_planner/index.jsp

Did you try the TTC trip planner?

I did.

It suggests you board at Convair/Renforth, taking the 112C northbound @5:44pm, exit @ Skyway & Dixon and walk 62m to the corner of Atwell/Dixon.

This puts you at the corner of said streets @ 5:55pm or so (allowing 2m walk).

The previous departure is 5:28pm, and puts you there at around 5:38pm.

Double check the site yourself to be sure.

http://www.ttc.ca/Trip_planner/index.jsp

Thanks. I didn't think of using the trip planner, lol. This will help a lot.

Looking at the route map http://www.ttc.ca/Routes/112/RouteDescription.jsp?tabName=map there is service every 20 minutes from noon to 1 AM.

There's a note on the map about northbound before noon and southbound after noon ... I'm not fully comprehending why, as I'm not familiar with the route, but the answer seems to be look at the southbound schedule after noon, even though the bus is going north.

Google Maps is normally pretty good for quickly checking things, and a tad easier to use than the trip planner.

Is anyone else a part of the MDP? I noticed the deduction from my bank account this month was $212, obviously more than the usual amount. I emailed the MDP office a few days ago but they haven't bothered to respond yet, just wondering if this has ever happened to anyone else.

Is anyone else a part of the MDP? I noticed the deduction from my bank account this month was $212, obviously more than the usual amount. I emailed the MDP office a few days ago but they haven't bothered to respond yet, just wondering if this has ever happened to anyone else.
Mine was normal. I'd suggest giving them a ring.

upload_2016-9-16_12-45-1.png

Attachments

• upload_2016-9-16_12-45-1.png
    upload_2016-9-16_12-45-1.png
    6 KB · Views: 709
This map is from this link, and shows the downtown streetcar tracks in 1945.

Streetcar tracks downtown 1945.jpg

Most of the streets that had streetcar tracks were two-way streets in 1945. Streets like Adelaide, Richmond, and York became one-way streets. There were more streetcar tracks, such as along Adelaide Street going from Bathurst Street to York Street (continuing onto Church Street). They got rid of most of those tracks to appease the suburban single-occupant automobile users.

Unfortunately, this reduction of streetcar tracks has made a mess when streetcar have to do detours or diversions. This has created a reduction in service from the TTC in the process.

The TTC, and the city, should expand the streetcar tracks in the downtown to better handle most detours. Streetcar tracks should return to Adelaide Street, at least the eastbound tracks, from Bathurst Street. Westbound streetcar tracks should be constructed on Richmond Street to Bathurst Street from York Street. Maybe even extend the tracks for both streets from Church Street to Parliament Street. Along with track unions at Spadina Avenue, the addition of these streetcar tracks will greatly improve streetcar service in the downtown, during detours. We may need those detour tracks when construction of the DRL starts.

Who knows, maybe streetcar tracks could eventually return to Front Street.

Attachments

• Streetcar tracks downtown 1945.jpg
    Streetcar tracks downtown 1945.jpg
    307 KB · Views: 698
Last edited:
This map is from this link, and shows the downtown streetcar tracks in 1945.

Aside from the fact that 1945 is like a lifetime ago and Toronto has changed so much since then so it's a little strange that you are bringing this up, what does this post have to do with TTC Customer Service?

Aside from the fact that 1945 is like a lifetime ago and Toronto has changed so much since then so it's a little strange that you are bringing this up, what does this post have to do with TTC Customer Service?

To improve TTC service during diversions or detours, like construction or street closures. Did you go downtown during TIFF?

To improve TTC service during diversions or detours, like construction or street closures. Did you go downtown during TIFF?
I think we all get the idea that some new (or reinstated) streetcar tracks (or curves) in the downtown area would be useful for diversion or even express routes but the 1945 map you reproduce lists Adelaide as "Bathurst" and even if these lines had been open it would have made no difference during TIFF as even then there was no better diversion route for King in both directions west of York. Ideally (if money were not a problem) the track from Spadina to Victoria on Adelaide would be reopened and track from York to Spadina would be laid on Richmond. York Street itself would be made two-way between King and Queen and additional curves would be added. BTW there are many, far better, streetcar track maps on the Transit Toronto site: See: http://transit.toronto.on.ca/spare/0055.shtml ) Will any of this happen? I doubt it!

Aside from this being off topic, returning tracks to Richmond and Adelaide for regular service would likely doom the chances of a King Street transit mall, since R&A would be a primary route for the diverted traffic.

To be discussed at the next TTC board meeting.

From this link.

Currently.
52F before.jpg

Effective February 13, 2017.
52F after.jpg

From this link.

Currently.
66B before.jpg

Rejected.
66B rejected.jpg

Effective February 12, 2017.
66B after.jpg

Attachments

• 52F before.jpg
    52F before.jpg
    323.1 KB · Views: 519
  • 52F after.jpg
    52F after.jpg
    322.6 KB · Views: 496
  • 66B before.jpg
    66B before.jpg
    173 KB · Views: 516
  • 66B rejected.jpg
    66B rejected.jpg
    175.7 KB · Views: 503
  • 66B after.jpg
    66B after.jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 759
To be discussed at the next TTC board meeting.

From this link.

Effective February 12, 2017.
View attachment 86796

The negative with this is the lack of connection from the Humber Loop to 66B. To go from the 501 to the Bloor line (west of Roncey and before the Humber Loop) there were only 2 connections...the 77 at South Kingsway and the 66A/B. Combined the 66A/B was every 10 minutes (albeit with a crappy walk under the Gardiner). Now the walk is too long to get to a stop on the 66B. So both a 20 min wait for the 77 and 66A.

And I expect the 66B will continue to increase in frequency once Mr Christie is redeveloped (it's already over capacity for a lot of trips). It makes sense for the 66B to be a main N-S connector before 1/2 the 501's loop back.

Of course a better solution is to move the Humber Loop to just before Mimico Creek so it picks up all the condo's before stopping.

As suspected, many YUS shuttles don't have Presto readers. Drivers letting users ride free.

Back