News   Mar 28, 2024
 105     0 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.4K     1 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.2K     2 

TTC: Automatic Train Control and Subway Platform Screen Doors

ATC cannot predict things like crews taking long breaks at terminals or total disregard for scheduling.
I'm referring to schedules being excessively padded, causing trains to approach the end of the line early, and then having to wait for earlier trains to leave the terminals when scheduled.

ATC's completion is great news! Are trains running at full speed between stations on Line 1 now, or is there still some testing that needs to be done?

The activation of the ATC means that all testing has been successfully completed.

No but theoretically, they could close the doors and have the train depart without the operator.

No, it can't. The system is set up to require an operator to close the doors manually. It will not do so on its own.

Dan

The activation of the ATC means that all testing has been successfully completed.

No, it can't. The system is set up to require an operator to close the doors manually. It will not do so on its own.

Dan

I thought ATC was just that. Automatic Control of Train.

#thethingsyouknow

I thought ATC was just that. Automatic Control of Train.

#thethingsyouknow
Automatic Train Control/Automatic Train Operation does involve a lot of things around running trains automatically, yes.

But generally in a situation like in Toronto where an existing line gets upgraded, you almost never see the full capability of automation such as unattended operation.

Dan

Automatic Train Control/Automatic Train Operation does involve a lot of things around running trains automatically, yes.

But generally in a situation like in Toronto where an existing line gets upgraded, you almost never see the full capability of automation such as unattended operation.

Dan

Speaking of that last bit; have they shifted over to One-Person Train Operation (OPTO) on the balance of the line yet? (I believe they've been running OPTO from Vaughan to St. George then adding a second crew member)

I am sorry if this has already been discussed, but does the TTC have the additional trains ATC will allow it to use?

Back