News   Apr 22, 2024
 782     0 
News   Apr 22, 2024
 262     0 
News   Apr 22, 2024
 665     0 

TransPod Hyperloop

Thunderf00t has become very fond of this clip:

"I'm a conman--or maybe I'm a god--zooming 'round the planet in my hyperloopin' pod"

Anyway, Thunderf00t has gone into a good amount of detail why a vacuum tube transport system is technically fraught, dangerous and difficult.

I'm pretty skeptical of hyperloop. Musk has lots of good ideas, but sometimes he doesn't seem to go deep on them to understand why they won't work. But if anyone is good at doing things that many people think are impossible, it is Musk.

Personally, I thank God for people like Musk.

He is an arrogant, self-centered little prick but we need people like him who are willing to look completely out of the box to tackle the daunting transportation needs this planet will have to confront in the 21st century. Although I am certainly no engineer, it seems to me that HyperLoop is a pie-in-the-sky idea but that's OK. If only 10% of all the wild ideas put forward become practical then it is worth the effort.

Personally, I thank God for people like Musk.

He is an arrogant, self-centered little prick but we need people like him who are willing to look completely out of the box to tackle the daunting transportation needs this planet will have to confront in the 21st century. Although I am certainly no engineer, it seems to me that HyperLoop is a pie-in-the-sky idea but that's OK. If only 10% of all the wild ideas put forward become practical then it is worth the effort.
I think he's overall a positive force. There are some people who really hate him, which I can kind of understand if I squint. But he is not as easy to paint as cartoonishly evil as Zuckerberg or Bezos.

Back