News   Aug 23, 2024
 2.2K     4 
News   Aug 23, 2024
 561     0 

Transit Websites

unimaginative2

Member Bio
Reaction score
I've recently been browsing the website for Montreal's STM, and I find it to be vastly better than that off the TTC. Though it looks simple, the Tous Azimuts trip planning program is remarkably effective. It almost never gets confused by place names. The site also has dated, but extremely detailed maps of the surroundings of subway stations. Example

I wish the TTC could take these simple steps to making their site much more useful.

I know the TTC was looking for suggestions to improve their website. Did anything become of that?

I was under the impression that one of the first things Commissioner Giambrone was going to do was get a new website (and I even seem to recall something about tenders).

TTC Bus Stops

when are they gonna bring back TTC timeline?

not every bus stop has a schedule, on the pole nor online. how do you know the proper bus times for those stops?

I doubt it. Though a proper trip planning software can do this. MT's website is excellent for including every stop in the system (which was easily done because it kept the Citylink system).

Brampton is actually going to introduce this, coincident with the opening of the second garage, and allow for real-time updates. Why the TTC can't is beyond me - I guess they just didn't want to bother with Y2K maintenance.

I'm going to merge this with the talk of the TTC website. It's related, particuarly the trip planning part.

so that's where my thread went :p

i was helping someone plan a multi route commute using the TTC and it's pretty hard. not knowing the exact times when a bus comes by a stop makes it that much more difficult. every single stop should have a schedule.

Knowing the TTC, they'll hire a big team of programmers or a high-priced consultant to create trip planning software from scratch when there are dozens of examples out there. Pick the best one from transit authorities around the world and license it.

There's high school kids that could churn out a proper website in no time...they could get their 40 hours of community service for it.

Back