News   Jul 05, 2024
 1.3K     0 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 1.2K     12 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 577     0 

Transit Fantasy Maps

love these maps.

there was also a proposal to put the Lakeshore tunnel under the Union Station Rail Corridor with a new station just east of Union at Yonge.

nice work.
Thank you! Yeah I remember that proposal, funny how many things Metrolinx considered before they considered just rebuilding the current USRC to a more efficient design.

I’ve done a few more maps over the past week:
You_Doodle+_2023-07-12T03_34_49Z.jpeg
You_Doodle+_2023-07-11T22_24_03Z.png
You_Doodle+_2023-07-13T02_45_57Z.jpeg
You_Doodle+_2023-07-18T19_36_28Z.jpeg
You_Doodle+_2023-07-18T06_24_00Z.jpeg
You_Doodle+_2023-07-19T02_44_26Z.jpeg

Last edited:
Im shocked that the shuttle services were ever run, thank you for visualizing them

I figure you would know if anybody, has a Barrie Line extension to Collingwood ever been seriously looked into? Additionally, where was the track right of way that ran north of the current Allandale Waterfront station in Barrie?
1689564052897.png

A rail trail to the that hugs the northern edge of lake simcoe (out of frame) suggests that a portion of the right of way followed the blue line, however I have not been able to figure out the former path of the tracks through what is currently centennial park and Barrie's downtown.

As many of you know, the Barbie movie PR team has unlimited funds, in their latest PR stunt Barbie has taken over the infamous Greater Golden Horshoe transit agency Metrolinx.

We are introducing Barbielinx, the best way to travel in the Greater Pink Stiletto Area!

Barbielinx will operate the world's first inter-dimensional train line to Barbieland! No rollerblading required!

Thanks to the latest line of Train Conductor Barbies, there is no shortage of train operators!
Barbie Express Railcompressed.jpg

uncompressed version: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1q3UYK7PRa_eotAj0fKfYn2zaYuimyjeQ/view?usp=sharing

In all seriousness, I watched the Barbie movie and the unexpected messages in the film hit close to home and made me embrace my inner Barbie girl.

hope this made you guys smile :)

edit: I also took some of your guy's suggestions and changed up the fare zones and made the REX (now called BEX, Barbie EXpress) lines more simple A,B C,D -> B1,B2 A1,A2

Last edited:
Found this random 2011 Niagara business case that showed a much more ambitious plan for GO Transit service to Niagara:
You_Doodle+_2023-07-25T01_22_02Z.jpeg

I also added the Niagara stations to my Unbuilt GO Transit map, changed the shape of Lake Simcoe, and added the tourist line that ran in Quebec in the 80’s. This GO map now has 2 countries, 1 state, and 2 provinces on it:
You_Doodle+_2023-07-24T03_04_32Z.png

Found this random 2011 Niagara business case that showed a much more ambitious plan for GO Transit service to Niagara:View attachment 494732

I also added the Niagara stations to my Unbuilt GO Transit map, changed the shape of Lake Simcoe, and added the tourist line that ran in Quebec in the 80’s. This GO map now has 2 countries, 1 state, and 2 provinces on it: View attachment 494733

The wet dream of many among us

Amazing graphics as always, i was wondering where you got that little train render from in the cross-region metro map, or did you make it yourself? I like the go decals on it :)
Thanks! That train I used was actually just a TTC Ontario Line train with poorly edited GO logos added onto it, the 2051 document suggests that line (if it’s built) will be interlining with the OL through Toronto, so I assume the equipment will be similar
You_Doodle_2023-08-05T21_17_51Z.jpg
IMG_9536.jpeg

These are stunning! Just wondering what software and process you use to make these - do you use Illustrator? Apologies if this has been asked for, I haven't been able to find a post on that in my search.
I actually use a very unconventional way; I do my maps all manually by hand through this app: https://apps.apple.com/app/id598111466

I’ve tried Illustrator in the past but I haven’t gotten used to it and been able to make good maps with it. If I practice a lot I probably would but so far doing it this way works well! Here’s a time lapse of me making a GO radio channel map from a few months ago:

Back