News   Jul 31, 2024
 722     0 
News   Jul 31, 2024
 700     0 
News   Jul 31, 2024
 526     0 

Transglobe Property Management

Transglobe has a property right by Cooksville station and I always notice their logo since the branding is so prominent. Never realized they were so big.

Transglobe has a property right by Cooksville station and I always notice their logo since the branding is so prominent. Never realized they were so big.

I too always notice it. In fact, the sign is the only thing that stands out on that site. The building looks like a dump. Everyone has bed sheets as their curtains.

Another CBC video rapping Transglobe. How do they getting away with this stuff?

http://ca.finance.yahoo.com/video/canews-22424922/renters-beware-27939346.html

You mean rich people exploit poor people? Next you'll be telling me the rich actually break the law with impunity while the poor -- who not only have no means of legal redress against the rich scofflaw exploiters -- are routinely harrassed by the "justice" system. And I suppose you'll also try to claim that the rich use their money to buy influence at all levels of government.

You people and your vivid imaginations... The truth is, there's no problem here. We live in the free-est, bestest, most-free, awesomest society in the world and if you don't like it you can move to North Korea (because you have a better chance of overturning the exploitive structure there than here). Now go buy your lottery tickets and get ready for the Superbowl, and remember how lucky you are to be able to vote in meaningless elections.

You mean rich people exploit poor people? Next you'll be telling me the rich actually break the law with impunity while the poor -- who not only have no means of legal redress against the rich scofflaw exploiters -- are routinely harrassed by the "justice" system. And I suppose you'll also try to claim that the rich use their money to buy influence at all levels of government.

You people and your vivid imaginations... The truth is, there's no problem here. We live in the free-est, bestest, most-free, awesomest society in the world and if you don't like it you can move to North Korea (because you have a better chance of overturning the exploitive structure there than here). Now go buy your lottery tickets and get ready for the Superbowl, and remember how lucky you are to be able to vote in meaningless elections.
What's so great about Transglobe violating bylaws because the fines for doing so are insignificant?

^Nothing. Nothing at all. Transglobe's business practices appear to be pretty scummy and it deserves the bad publicity and associated drop in share price. I was being sarcastic.

The cause of my cynicism (yesterday at 12:10pm, anyway) is that I think Transglobe's malfeasance is unsurprising, given its nature and the circumstances we live in. Complaining about Transglobe without breaking out the torches and pitchforks for the rest of its ilk is like treating cancer with an ice-pack. Our society rewards those who have an abundance of greed and a shortage of humility. Until we change that, it is going to be difficult to deal effectively with slumlords like Transglobe.

I heard this talk about Transglobe on CBC radio the other day. It was shocking and sad and pathetic. This company should be sued. Preferably bankrupted.

it's not really about rich vs. poor, more like greedy slumloard vs. average citizen

I'm not sure if it's also Transglobe's doing but there's a section of Bathurst, just north of St Clair where the streetscape's also been raped by something similar.

You are refering to Trivest Properties. They own a lot of buildings on Bathurst and Tichester. The signage isn't as bad as Transglobe, but it's significant. A friend lived in a Trivest apartment. It was pretty well kept.

The fellow who broke off with Transglobe and created Starlight seems to be spending a lot of money on the buildings. I have two within a block of me and I've seen new windows put in, new balcony panels (glass on one building), fantastic landscaping upgrades and renovated hallways & lobbies. The apartments are being gutted and rebuilt as people move out and replaced with nice cabinetry in the kitchens & bathrooms and either 2 or 4 kitchen appliances, depending on the building & unit size. Seems like a good company.

Back